Discourse App stopped working today

When I use the Discourse App for iPhone, which I’ve used since this place opened, today it keeps coming up blank with the “still loading” screen.

Can a site admin take a look and see what’s causing this?

I tried removing unstuck from it and reconnecting; it reconnected but same error

1 Like

Can you connect through your phone’s browser? I’m not having any issues on mobile at all. If it’s just you, only on your phone, and only Unstuck, then it might be a temporary problem with you provider’s network that will eventually clear up on its own.

Yeah I’m using the browser to post in this thread today since the app doesn’t work.

I just changed from Wi-Fi to 4G and the app works! So my home network for some reason doesn’t like the app but is ok with the browser today.

That’s a workaround I can live with until it resolves itself.

Fwiw, the “app” isn’t actually an app, it’s just a stripped down, dedicated browser instance. I don’t think that knowledge will help you resolve anything, just throwing it out there.

I get this too - but closing the app completely and reopening fixes it.

Fyi - discourse def has a memory leak in chrome. Left a single tab open for a few days and it was using 600mb memory.

It’s not working on 4G either the last few hours; that time working was just a fluke.

Once I get lucky and it loads the forum I’m fine (likely bc the app is just loading the website into its nitro wkwebview and then it’s just a browsing experience) , but the initial connection usually times out so it doesn’t load in the webview and times out instead, and this never happened before today.

Is there something about that connection that would cause the time out? Can you increase that time? Was there a recent site update or change that could be the culprit?

The site is still definitely hanging on initial load and I’m not sure why. It’s hanging on external Google scripts, one that I don’t think should be loading at all. I’m not even sure if this is an us problem or something else.

The initial load seems to be the only time this happens, so until I get a chance to look into it further this evening I suggest never leaving Unstuck. I mean, it’s Super Tuesday. What else would you be looking at?

Update: Disabling individual components suggests it’s not google-related. nfi what’s going on.

Found it. Culprit was Amazon. Fuckin’ Bezos.

Came here to post it magically works again today. Thanks for the magic, Zikzak

1 Like