Democratic Primary Debates

Jesus, what a sad clownshow that place has become.

100% agree, Delaney had some bad moments and soundbites but he at least distinguished himself simply by being the ā€œmoderateā€ foil to warren/sanders. All the other centrists were awful and basically indistinguishable but i thought hickenlooper and bullock were by far the worst. Bullockā€™s biggest moment iirc was arguing in favor of a first strike policy for nukes?!?! And then botched his own closing statement.[quote=ā€œChrisV, post:843, topic:61, full:trueā€]

I think itā€™s way worse. Delaney wasnā€™t that bad. He got sonned a couple times, but he was able to talk a bunch, he was combative, he communicated his ideas to an extent. A lot of the reaction here is because people donā€™t like him or his policies. Bullock was just awful. If people want folksy horseshit itā€™s done a lot better by Pete or even Beto.
[/quote]

I mean, yes, thatā€™s exactly exactly it.

That guy goes on Pod Save regularly (Ady Barkan is his name). Iā€™ve listened to his condition deteriorate with each subsequent appearance. He does so much for the left as an organizer, fighting his ass off not just on healthcare but on seemingly every front. A straightup superhero. Legit getting choked up just typing this.

1 Like

reddit trolls who get their news from youtube videos have basically taken over the forum

Van Jones and all off CNN need to fuck right offā€¦ An actual comment by Jones was Biden won because he seeā€™s the zinger coming ahead of tomorrow, Yeah OK VJ weā€™ll see about that or Should I say Kamila

I saw something saying that Ryan somehow scored points on his Union thing about insurance. I find that argument horrible when talking about M4A. What would be better for Union employees, not having to negotiate health care to get better wages, or having great healthcare and being forced out of jobs?

I entered my industry right at the point when Unions still had power. On the biggest productions they still do. But the vast majority of work is non-Union and most people who have been in the Union were forced to take non-Union gigs and go dormant in the Union.

I think itā€™s incredibly shortsighted to think that Unions would ultimately have a problem with medical being taken out of their contracts, as that is a place where a significant amount of their compensation lives. That can be changed into wages. How is it bad to have part of their wages via taxes go to health care? I canā€™t find an acceptable answer to that question, sorry.

I didnā€™t see that part, but Warren was practically glowing with enthusiasm and giving the panel some more of what she dished out to her opponents.

The people saying this debate didnā€™t matter might be right in that the polls donā€™t shift much as a result but with Bernie and Warren showing real passion, I personally feel a lot better.

2 Likes

Problem is, one of them has to go, Bernie or Warren, and relatively early, for that agenda to stand any chance; unless there is some kind of rat copulation of delegates thatā€™s possible where by they pledge their delegates to each other, I havenā€™t started reading up on that yet.

The Ex DNC Chairman said it on CNN

What did he say?

Tbh I canā€™t really quote him but he said something to the effect of Ryan won on that issue

Actually Iā€™m just back from the Airport :airplane::joy::+1:

To me, the funniest moment of the night was when they split screen Warren and Klobs and both were wearing basically the same outfit. Who wore it better? Warren obvs.

Chris Matthews doing work again. Starts out his interview with Warren saying ā€˜you and Sanders reminded me of Butch and Sundanceā€™. I havenā€™t heard the response yet, but they died in the end. Maybe it was his cheap shot to say Biden was going to win.

Yes, because they want to get $20k worth of health insurance instead of $20k worth of wages. Their logic is very poor on this, when they would probably get great insurance with fewer out of pocket costs for well less than half that.

M4A would more likely hurt me more than any Union employee. Iā€™m a small business owner who is on my wifeā€™s insurance. With M4A, Iā€™d be paying that myself 100 percent. My wifeā€™s insurance costs would go down, but mine would go way up. Iā€™m still for M4A.

The Nate Silver Delaney as good thing and the responses is the funniest thing Iā€™ve read all night.

Tbh Iā€™m not sure you would unless the Curruption leaks inā€¦ We in the UK really have great Healthcare for our costs (Itā€™s better overall in Scotland) but since the Blair years it has gone up because of Private/Managers and outside contracts.

Edit to clarify: Iā€™d think the cost of 2 people on M4A could be the same as 1 decent health Insurance plan, or less.

UK National Insurance & Tax rateā€¦
According to our tax calculator, if you earn Ā£20,000 a year , youā€™ll have to pay Ā£1,500 in tax, and youā€™ll also have to pay Ā£1,364 national insurance. From the sum of Ā£20,000, youā€™ll have a personal allowance of Ā£12500, which leaves a taxable amount of Ā£7,500 . Out of this, youā€™ll pay 20% tax on Ā£7,500 , and no higher rate tax, as you earn below that limit.

We pay our NHS by both NI-20% & Tax 80%

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1156379331960213508

1 Like

Heā€™s at 0%, nobody likes him or his policies :)

Bollocks is the outlier here.