Democratic Presidential Primary Poll: January 15

If voting was held today, who would be your first choice for the nomination?

(this time only including the “serious” remaining candidates)

• Joe Biden
  • Mike Bloomberg
  • Pete Buttigieg
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Tom Steyer
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Andrew Yang

0 voters

If voting was held today, who would be your second choice for the nomination?

• Joe Biden
  • Mike Bloomberg
  • Pete Buttigieg
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Tom Steyer
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Andrew Yang

0 voters

If voting was held today, who would be your third choice for the nomination?

• Joe Biden
  • Mike Bloomberg
  • Pete Buttigieg
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Tom Steyer
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Andrew Yang

0 voters

I think I like Steyer more than Warren but just couldn’t bring myself to put him over her… yet.

2 Likes

I’m voting for the most viable progressive on Super Tuesday. In a lot of ways ranking them for me at this point is kind of silly. Warren still crushes Klob, Pete, and Biden for me and it’s not even a little close. So does Steyer. Bloomberg is my strong favorite out of the establishment Dems hilariously. If I have to go establishment vs Trump I want to go with the one with truly infinite resources.

Good luck winning with voter suppression when the guy you’re dealing with can spend 5B on voter registration and the lawyers to cut down your backlash to voter registration… and is capable of buying every bus in the country for a day to get people to the polls with his interest income for that day. Seriously it’s hard to underestimate the raw power of having a truly infinite budget and no regard for what things cost.

2 Likes

3rd place was a hard pick and it really could have been anyone but Biden or Bloomberg, but…Team Klob!

1 Like

Yeah I mean they have similar rhetoric. To me I still think I trust snake Warren more than billionaire Steyer to do good stuff in office. But it is much closer than a few weeks ago when she was a clear #2 and a few months ago when I was almost talking myself into having her #1.

Yea, I agree. She’s also got the political experience to understand what’s going on, make allies, etc, so even if they have the same platforms she’s the one to go with. I also started with her as my 1A to Bernie’s 1B so her whole primary has just been disappointing tbh. The M4A flop wasn’t just a mistake, it was a sign of things to come.

What do you think Steyer’s secret agenda is?

Warren has dropped out of my top three. The DNA test was bad but whatever, no big deal. Then she flip-flopped on M4A. Now the imbroglio with Sanders. I don’t like that trajectory.

Due to a lack of better candidates available, Steyer and Yang share 2&3. I really liked Steyer’s debate performance until his goofy teammate closing speech.

5 Likes

My first choice is Bernie, my 2nd choice is Trump.

J/k, but if it is any D other than Bernie then I will vote for them w/ shame and be completely understanding of anyone who votes Trump.

Trump’s selling point is every politician is corrupt and scummy, might as well vote for the one who is your type of scummy. Unfortunately, he has been proven correct.

Voting for Trump over a random D because it’s not Bernie is like deciding you want a nice glass of ice water, finding out there’s no ice in the freezer, and drinking bleach instead because room temperature water can go fuck itself.

16 Likes

Not if you are rich, a gun nut, get joy out of triggering the libs, etc. Establishment Ds idea of a “revolution” is getting rid of one of the ways insurance companies fuck you over in exchange for forcing you to pay stupidly high prices for their dogshit health insurance.

And if anyone tries to push for much more than that then they are going to do everything in their power to stop them.

So fuck it man, do what makes you feel good in this massively corrupt, rigged country.

1 Like

My first choice is Bernie and my second choice is moving to Peru. J\k, sorta maybe.

2 Likes

Sell me on Peru vs Costa Rica.

No, just go Costa Rica ldo.

Big lols @ MotP tho. wtf at that stupidity! In 2020 people are still saying that kinda dumb shit?
otatop’s response nailed it. Go drink bleach if you want.

Sure there are fringe cases that go Bernie to Trump or Biden to Trump, but what I think is more likely is that those people who are X or Bust just wake up and decide this non-X candidate just aint worth taking a day off work and standing in line for. It’s still horrible and essentially a half vote for Trump, but when candidates try to torpedo their opponents like HRC did in 2016 and just declare we don’t need progressives, then they shouldnt be surprised when they don’t get out of bed to cast a ballot for them.

Voting is easy (although not easy enough), but what’s easier is not doing anything at all.

1 Like

I have a friend in Peru. Costa Rica is bougey and I’m a man of El Pueblo. Guatemala is a contender, but then so is Spain (where I have a shot at citizenship).

I said Warren but i haven’t been following closely and I’m guessing I should change my preference back to Bernie. I’m surprised at the love for Steyer, what am I missing with him? I also picked Yang because people seem to like him but could go either way.

There’s a whole new region opened up in Spain with Decent Accommodation & private Villas available from the 31st January and it’s a great start for Americans as its all English speaking restaurants and bars around the beaches and as the previous owners are desperately trying to get back to the UK for free healthcare some are going cheap…

I shouldn’t have necessarily said Spain when I meant Catalonia. FAI4EVA!

2 Likes