Defense of the Dark Arts: General Policies, Tactics, and Tips for Triggering Deplorables. Also Fuck J.K. Rowling!!!!

Haha really? I didn’t know that.

my initial post was unclear I just realized. I mean replies to any original post you make. Facebook aggregates likes + time plus some other calcs I dont know to try to decide what’s “hot.” the only reason I know this probably works is because I’ve seen trolls do it a lot.

1 Like

This is what you want. Rapid responses and both sides going apeshit on each other over an issue that has a really obvious correct side.

1 Like

Yes thats a personal favorite. I grew up in the church and studied apologetics until i was 19. So it’s pretty much a lambasting. My favorite thing about trump is hes exposed christians for the complete and total hypocrites they are. My latent knowledge of scripture makes humiliating people easy if they are foolish enough to engage on that front.

Although, professional grifters (aka pastors) are really slippery and hard to deal with.

1 Like

Thread’s at over a hundred comments in an hour with several hundred reactions. This was a good one for me, I wish I could save it all before it gets deleted in the morning and I can break it down in the thread.

Most common post I have made in response has been “what crime has this little girl committed?” no answers yet. lots of frothiness.

1 Like

Great topic, great OP.

Lately I’ve noticed a ton of the Trumpers on Facebook who I’ve engaged with before are getting really bent out of shape over the attacks on white nationalism and doing a lot of whataboutism. So a good line of attack is some form of, “Whoa, why are you guys so triggered over attacks on white nationalism? Hitting a little too close to home?”

I had one dude get so triggered by that he tried to do whataboutism over some concert celebrating African culture charging non-people of color $10 more for a ticket. So I dunked on him hard and repeatedly for comparing that to the El Paso shooting until he gave up.

One key is that when you have them pinned down and you know it, they will start wildly flailing about with the whataboutism. You have to just keep ducking these punches and let them keep flailing. I like to briefly make fun of them for it and pivot back to the point they’re pinned down on, and keep needling them for not answering. Usually after a few attempts, they stop responding.

1 Like

this is what fuels me. It’s really easy to do and feels so good.

Whataboutism, strawmen, goalpost shifting are the standard lines. If they shift the goalpost to something else you can hammer them on, which they will, you can go along with it. Then just keep bringing it back to the original thing. Their only trained responses are to keep changing the subject or to disappear, or melt down. There’s no bad lines from there if you just keep pressing.

One of my occasional responses to whataboutism is to engage in victim-blaming and suggest that the allegedly harmed party deserved whatever bad thing happened. Take how they treat women who accuse conservatives of rape and turn it around on them. It’s a fun tactic whenever someone brings up Andy Ngo. Refuse to condemn anyone on the left and say that he was asking for it. It’s not the response they expect so they are not prepared to argue with you because they don’t have talking points that they can recite.

White people being charged $10 extra? That’s outrageous!!! It should have been at least $20!

I’m not sure trolling pushes the goal forward and your time can be spent in more productive ways (unless you really enjoy it). I get that it can be fun, but I’d rather people be convinced not to vote or to switch votes, which is likely more about the audience than the particular target. Also, I suspect there are ways to spend time that will produce better long term results personally, such as working or self improvement. That said, have at it, just don’t encourage any future mass shooters.

2 Likes

Sometimes, you just want to shut someone up.

For example, I was playing poker with this deplorable who rarely talks politics, but when he does, he is angry and looking for a fight. So, one day, he starts spouting some nonsense conspiracy theory about Joe Biden being involved in kiddie rape. It makes no sense and I don’t want to listen to it. So, I say something along the lines of the child deserving it just to shut this guy up, which he does because there’s basically no path for him to argue with me. If he’s going to make me miserable, I’m going to promise him an equally unenjoyable experience.

There is no arguing in good faith with these people and I’m not trying to impress an audience. They’re annoying and I want to make them feel bad and regret ever going down the path of engaging with me. I want them to walk away feeling dirty and sullied by the encounter.

I don’t feel dirty because I’ve accepted who I am. This is me. My brand of liberalism doesn’t allow me to feel morally superior. Intellectually superior, yes, but I don’t go around feeling like I need to demonstrate that I’m the better man. I’m also the kind of person who has ended a physical fight with a kick to the balls because I don’t think there’s any sort of code of honor that requires me to let my opponent punch me in the face.

Whenever I’m at a table where people are getting heated and derpy about politics, my line is, “Guys, guys, let’s pick a new topic. How about religion?”

Sometimes it actually ends the politarding, but if nothing else it gets laughs.

No I don’t think this is true at all.

It accomplishes much more than just rattling some idiots. It accomplishes several things.

It energizes the left, which is mired in despair, apathy, and incompetence. I honestly shudder at some of the engagements by the left I see out in the wild, it’s usually terrible. Look at the FB shitposting I was doing last night. With barely any input from me other than a few one liners, an entire army of angry leftists started going to town. Today, I have seen 3 more original posts on the exact same topic made by other people. It gets people riled about things they SHOULD be angry about.

You SHOULD be angry that hundreds of little kids were just thrown out into who knows where as their parents were taken away into the night. It’s possible some of these kids will never see their parents again! That should enrage you, and if it doesn’t, those people should be shamed for it.

The problem is a lot of people have tuned out. There are a lot of low info democrats, not everyone is like how we are here. My sense from last night was that many of the angry passionate left responses were made by people who had genuinely no idea this sort of thing was going on.

So, it informs and energizes, and it is VERY worthwhile. Simple grammar trolling here and there may not, but the overall goal is not just to humiliate. It’s to take back control of the conversation and regain our nation’s sanity. In the old days, it was by protest. I don’t think that works anymore and that an online grassroots social media rebellion + an army of angry trolls would do a lot more than you can imagine.

2 Likes

:beers:

Here’s a good piece of propaganda to troll the “video games are causing this” typical boomer take.

Notice how I refer to it as propaganda. That’s what it is. Memes are propaganda, don’t be afraid to use it. It should be its own section really.

If you are not following 5-10 liberal meme pages you’re doing yourself a disservice.

Do you know how I know video games is a boomer specific take? Because no one has seriously mentioned video games and violence since the late 90’s. It was so completely disproven that it was laughable to even mention it. That was the line for 20 years a long time ago, and it’s being brought back.

Boomer. Easy tell.

1 Like

There probably is but if there is not there should be one of trump pickpocketing a red hat well pointing at the "others’’ saying they are robbing him.

My account’s been targeted on FB for “bullying.” Got a rather stern, automated formal warning.

The post that pushed them over the line?

“Can you please explain what the hell you mean? The cognitive dissonance raging inside your mind must be astonishing to behold.”

Wow. Dark times we live in.

some have tried, haven’t been hit yet. float like a butterfly sting like a bee

1 Like

Almost twice since trump…

Anyone else notice the hive mind seems kind of broken lately? Die hard 100% buyin people are sounding completely deranged lately. I notice this trend whenever trump tends to go particularly off the rails, the cognitive dissonance drives these people a little askew.

Not really, seeing a lot of the predictable “what about hunter biden getting a 50k/month job” stuff. Correct response to that is the tweet I saw today which is “what about (8ish people, ivanka/jared/rudy’s son etc) all getting jobs at the WH?” and yeah I don’t even attempt to argue against whataboutism anymore I just deflect it back at them.