Debating proper baby picture etiquette

Ikes does.

Yes, that’s how it works.

Don’t like bigotry and ignorance, but sure it’s me with the hate here lol.

It is not weird because the birth mom is not in the room or because they have pics of the babies and themselves. Or even because it is in a hospital room.

What zikzak said was something like “hospital beds are generally for people who give birth”. This would be true for a straight couple in the same situation.

Even if one of them actually slept in that bed overnight, getting back into it dressed up is a bit odd. It is also a little odd to see both of the couple in the hospital bed even in a hetero couple where the woman gave birth.

I’m happy for them and they can take whatever odd pictures they want.

2 Likes

You keep saying that, but it’s only because they didn’t give birth. They were 100% in the same type of hospital room as any other couple who just gave birth, with a hospital bed and maybe a pullout bed along with their children in a room.

Again, it’s only odd to you because you have no idea what this looks like and it’s different than your heteronormative ableist idea of a normal birth.

1 Like

Yes, exactly, it’s you with the hate in refusing to consider any possible reason or motive for the opinions of others (especially on such a trivial point) besides them being a bigot or ignorant. That’s a very hateful and divisive thing to do, and devolves discussion into shit slinging.

Everyone here is a little too well informed to take the ‘you’re the racist for pointing out the racism’ type argument seriously.

racism type ctyri. In this case, it’s clearly heteronormative and ableist bias causing people to think that this photo was weird. Pointing out that bias doesn’t make me the real racist hateful one.

Again, you are correct those are not the odd things. Literally none of them.

As I said before, if you are going to go with ableist, that’s fine. The zikzak comment equally applies to a hetero couple. Also not what we were talking about. But that criticism makes sense at least.

Ok, then continue shitting on everyone you can taking the worst possible angle to demonize them and create forum drama.

Have a pleasant day.

Anyways to sum up for people who want to pass on the monkey poo slinging, the photo from Pete isn’t weird.

Parents stay with their newborn children after they’re born. They don’t go to a well baby nursery anymore. Pete and his partner need a place in the hospital to stay with their children. They almost certainly were just put in another open room in the labor and delivery ward with a hospital bed and pullout couch/chair/whatever they do.

This doesn’t take a bed away from another person giving birth. It doesn’t harm anyone else. It simply allows them the decency to stay with their newborn, and if you have a problem with that or if you find it odd you have some serious issues to think about.

1 Like

Again, those are not the odd things. None of them. Good job missing the point repeatedly.

So weird! Obviously gay men are expected to sleep standing up when staying with their newborns in the hospital. At no point are they allowed to hold their newborns in a reclining position.

2 Likes

Another crusader enters!

main-qimg-2689b1e48f72c3449ecf09cda7b7ed84-lq

1 Like

There is nothing “weird” about taking a picture with your newborn in bed, hospital bed or otherwise. Taking care of a newborn in a hospital room for 24-48 hours is exhausting, and it is much easier to hold them when you are in a reclining position. I was not straw-manning, that was Keed’s actual post. That it was “weird.” It is not. The only reason why people think it is “weird” is because of implicit and subconscious biases regarding gay men, or non heteronormative births.

Edit: And having had experience with taking care of one newborn (twice) in a hospital room for 48 hours, I can’t even imagine what taking care of twins is like. I am confident that there was absolutely no real sleep on the parents part during that time, and the majority of time they were holding their babies probably occurred while they were sitting in bed or pacing.

4 Likes

What took you so long this time?

1 Like

Will you two both knock it off, FFS.

1 Like
6 Likes

Thought I was nuts for not giving a shit about this. Nice that I’m not alone.

1 Like

Obviously you’re not the only one here who has gone through that.

Have you got pictures with both you and your wife in a single hospital bed with your newborn? How about with you in the hospital bed (and not the smaller pull out on the side that is commonly meant for dad) solo with the newborn?

If you did, that would be weird too! Not bad or wrong or objectionable in any way. Just odd.

What about the two of them, laying in a bed together, holding their babies, is weird to you? You’re saying it would only have not been weird if one was on the couch bed holding a baby while the other one was on the hospital bed (assuming that room even had a couch bed)? You get that that makes your comment worse, right?

1 Like