Debating proper baby picture etiquette

You’re right, I have no idea how common it would be for there to be a spare hospital bed in the mother’s room.

1 Like

But, probably another room, right? If I was the mom I’d want to be left alone, I couldn’t imagine how hard it would be to hand over your newborn kids even if it’s the right thing to do for you.

It’s because we already hate Pete for unrelated reasons.

My mom was a labor and delivery nurse for forty years. A year or two before she died she mentioned in passing a time where she delivered a baby, and I was all I thought the doctor did that. That’s how it is in TV! She said sure, if the doctor gets there in time. Doesn’t always happen that way apparently and she said she delivered dozens or hundreds of babies by herself, I forget how many she estimated.

1 Like

elmer-fudd-very-quiet

I still have no idea what I’m supposed to be mad about other than two gay adoptive parent dudes trying to emulate the stuff typical couples do. It’s like that meme about hating someone for eating crackers.

3 Likes

No one’s asking you to be mad. If you already hate Pete like me, why wouldn’t I take the opportunity to point out his fake stage managed public facing life.

I feel it’s similar to mocking Biden for eating ice cream.

Or George Bush cutting brush down on the ole ranch. Fake stage managed bullshit.

I never saw the photo, but I can’t imagine getting mad over two parents taking a pic with their adopted baby in am empty hospital room. The other option is what, go into the hallway?

It’s entirely typical for adoptive parents of a newborn to stay in a hospital room with a bed. The fact that you think it’s fake stage managed bullshit is just ignorant

2 Likes

The womb rental contract clearly stated that she was to immediately leave the premises once the baby exited the womb

1 Like

What’s the alternative? I don’t know, sit in chairs or something? I just think both of them climbing into the hospital bed is unnatural and stage managed. I know in a traditional birth sometimes the guy climbs into the bed with the lady after she gives birth but I’d never do that either. I’d snap a picture of her with the kid in the bed, sure, but I’m not climbing in there! Probably why I’m single.

They 100% spent the night in a room with a hospital bed with the twins.

Maybe, and Mayor Pete was probably on the Hospital Efficiency Team at McKinsey that pioneered this sort of thing. Look lady, it’s been 17 minutes since you gave birth, hit the bricks!

1 Like

so dumb. why would the surrogate mother even want to be in the public picture? especially since the reaction was predictable.

of course they would have photos with her for themselves. keeed spouting rw ad hominems on pete as usual. you can disagree with pete politically and be enough of a human to be happy for him and his partner in that moment

1 Like

The argument that anyone who finds that picture a bit weird is homophobic seems to be coming from the same place as anyone who uses the c-word is a misogynist. Both are equally dumb imo.

3 Likes

The only way you find it weird is through ignorance.

2 Likes

One weird thing about the chair snap is that neither parent is looking at the newborns.

I know the 4x pics I have of a similar nature, which were taken by Dad (me I’m told) from outside the bed, are of mum looking at baby rather than the camera. No chance my significant other was letting me in the bed with her; they’re usually in quite a bit of pain post pushing / stitched up if it comes out the moonroof and inviting me to hop in was likely the last thing on her mind.

I mean, who gives a flying fuck. Seriously.

7 Likes

Literally no one cares about it or thinks it is important, certainly not me.