Crazy Religious Shit

Given that we now live in the theocracy imagined by our dearly departed lord and savior, ronald reagan, I figure there should probably be a thread related to the ridiculous religious shit that’s going to be happening in the next few years.

to start it off i’ll lead off with an oldie but a goodie, this was every single youth pastor I ever had as a kid:

note he says the quiet part out loud at one point, describing the kid as “dangerous” because he was smart. yea, gee, smart people are a threat to religious indoctrination, wonder why that is?

There is no religious shit that isn’t crazy. :grinning:

6 Likes

the tenets of buddhism are quite reasonable, at their core, and I can get on board with catholicism in theory, but I have a hard time getting past the child rape.

now that the religious right owns the courts and soon the legislature, buckle the fuck up. they got a whoooole laundry list of stuff I’ve been hearing about since i was a kid that’s going to be extremely unpleasant.

:vince4:

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

LOL

“Tigger’s a drug addict!!!”

Didn’t see that one coming.

1 Like

regan-exorcist

this word for word could be on righteous gemstones

2 Likes

I skipped 7th period a few times as a senior and went to Seminary across the street with an LDS friend. The bishop (?) was super friendly and welcoming and didn’t seem to care at all that every single one of the kids was sleeping or playing games the whole time. The lectures were the most boring, pedantic shit I’ve ever heard, but I always thought it was cool that the LDS community set it up so the HS kids get to nap for 90 minutes 2.5 times a week.

1 Like
1 Like

If people actually believed in god for real there would be so much more of this kind of thing.

2 Likes

I tested God back in 2000 with the Ducks down five at home to Arizona State with four seconds left. They hit a three, Eddie House inbounded the ball straight out of bounds and then the Ducks brick-ass shooting point guard hit a game winner.

Say what you will, sometimes that shit works.

5 Likes

that was your one time, hope it was worth it. I wasted mine on the occupied student center restroom opening before I shit my pants in front of everyone. It did, but I shit my pants before I reached the toilet bowl. the Lord works in mysterious ways.

12 Likes

I used mine to hold with AK vs AQ on the FT of a $3 tourney in 2004. Explains my results since then.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I was on the phone with my grown son screaming “we need a miracle” at the end of the MSU-UM game. God delivered.

2 Likes

This is hilarious and sad. Wonder if poor Duffy ever made it out of the cult.

The most striking thing to me was the audience reaction. Lots of shocked pikachus in that crowd. In 2022, I think about 50% of this country would react with thunderous applause.