Covid-free thread for your mental health

There is one rule in this thread. You can’t mention, post, hint at or link to anything covid related.

This thread is for those who need a break. Let’s just chat or post some good news.

I’ll find some stuff to post tonight.

Please don’t be the “funny” guy who posts covid stuff.

1 Like

My ootp21 baseball team finished 8 games below expectation and missed the playoffs by 1 game

We started out 2-14 in one run games.

That was fun.

Isn’t that a video game? Doesn’t that mean you played poorly?

1 Like

I saw the Stones live in Foxborough, MA something like a few months to maybe a year prior to this performance . Many people over the years have told me they were washed up when I saw them, but that’s not what I remember. And finding this video tonight reinforces my memory of the show. They ripped the joint up.

Although I have to say, Keith Richards looked ancient then… But somehow still looks almost the same. Is he a vampire or what?

Anyway what is this thread about?

1 Like

Wow it’s out!? I completely forgot about it.

1 Like

Its a sim game, so not entirely

I’ve never liked non sim sports games. Too easy and cheese-able.

Love Bas Rutten

1 Like

I remember watching the Start Me Up video with a friend as teenagers when it was released in '81, and both joking about how old they looked and that the line about “Make a grown man cry” should have been “Make an old man cry”.

Next year that will be 40 years ago; watching the video now, they look young to me.

They are a testament to the reliance of the human body. What they did to themselves for decades is unreal.

It’s also amazing how long they coasted on the music from the first 15 years of their career. Have they made a good song since the 70s?

Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You, and Dirty Work all have some good songs imo.

To be fair, I haven’t followed them closely. I’m a Beatles guy if we are dividing the world into Stones vs Beatles people.

posting for the public shame if I don’t do this today!

-Clean and organize front hall closet and junk cupboard
-rearrange living room furniture.

:grin:

John or Paul?

I’ve got Stones → John → Paul

2 Likes

I don’t think there is a John without a Paul or a Paul without John.

It’s like asking who is better Page or Brynn or Astaire or Rogers.

They are distinctly different imo and I prefer the songs that are more heavily influence by John. And I especially prefer John’s solo work over Paul’s, minus the Yoko stuff. But they were both great and both better together.

Both post-Beatles careers were fairly average quality-wise by the standards of the '70s.

Apart they were good. Together they were the best of the best.

Not even near the best of the best, except as songwriters, and hugely elevated by George Martin’s ideas and proficiency.