COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

I’m fully vaxxed and going to movies with my mask on. I’m not going to avoid doing things I enjoy for years to (mostly) protect the unvaccinated. As far as I can tell me driving in Boston where I live is more dangerous to other people than this

I’m aware of hospital capacity arguments and will adjust behavior if there is any danger there or a new variant etc. but I’m not doing the isolate game any more. I’ll eat outside if it’s available etc, but not going out of my way more than I need to

5 Likes

I thought we came to the conclusion that herd was impossible with delta, and being fully vaxxed is as protected as any of us will ever be?

If you’re in a blue state where hospitals aren’t over flowing I think going out is ok, especially if you have a booster.

I guess you could hold out until kids under 12 can get vaccinated, but I definitely don’t judge fully vaxxed people living their lives.

Obviously still wear masks and take basic precautions

3 Likes

Yeah the biggest sketch thing I’ve done is go fully vasked, masked to the New England Aquarium (masks also enforced here). No idea what some of those parents are thinking, there were a ton of <12 year olds there, and if they were between 1 and 5 most of them their parents weren’t making them wear masks. They had limits on entry and I tried hard to avoid any place with kids, though obviously they will run right at you lol

Though the kids are more of a threat to their unvaxxed relatives to themselves.

1 Like

I’m not going to movie theaters because I don’t want to spend $20 to sit around a bunch of strangers to watch a movie I’m not sure I’ll even like. COVID is just another reason on top of that.

6 Likes

I shall wait for a Tuesday matinee where me, my mask, and a dozen other people can watch in peace and very low infection chance.

That and I sometimes get the Tuesday Sr discount on a count of my salt and pepper hair. Saves $2 baby.

1 Like

Didn’t even cross my mind. My first thought was “Black Panther for Asians”.

Who cares? You never win against those people no matter what. Trump would change positions mid sentence, nothing matters.

Had a student come to my class halfway through and coughed a few times every 1-2 minutes. Only symptom I saw. Given that the students have already been tested twice, it shows that testing is not enough. Need to mask up at all times as well because social distancing is not possible especially when everybody eats together in the goddamn lunchroom. Not me though. Keeping my ass away from there.

So yeah, pretty sure covid has already hit the school. Kept my distance and reported her to my boss. Not much I can do beyond that.

Last year, I thought we’d last no more than a month before shutdown and we made it 5 weeks. Given the coughing, I’m not so sure.

The least infected area of Czechia became the most infected within a few days.

This is purely speculation but holding an international film festival with no restrictions on attendance or sanitation probably played a role.

Idiots.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that the dirty foreigners did it.

1 Like

Dirty Johnny Depp, Ethan Hawke. Perhaps Michael Caine.

Is Shane MacGowan a deplorable?

EDIT: Seems that face masks were mandatory and tests/vaccination/previously having covid was required. Not sure how well-enforced that was. A lot of policies are put up and the enforcement here is basically the honor system.

Prague also had its own little Sturgis this weekend. Gotta be the least vaxxed cohort in Europe and we let them come in and party for a couple of days. GJGE

Nope!

And so: What would a genuine persuasion effort look like, with respect to vaccines?

A gun to the head.

I suspect you’re talking about Prague Sounds? Could be that open-air opera event last Saturday I suppose. Honestly, I’ve been indulging in the food festivals that all seem to be crammed into a 3 week window. Haven’t paid attention to other social events.

The city itself according to stats isn’t that bad. About 2/3 of vaccine eligible people are fully vaxxed in Prague as of August 28th.

It’s the lack of enforcement of restrictions in place that makes everything else a total joke. I’ve been eating and drinking at tables with more than a half dozen people at them for months. A good lot of bars weren’t closing at 10.

It doesn’t.

But it feels good.

No, this:

I mean, it might though? There have to be some deplorables that don’t want to go out like that, knowing they’ll be mocked at their own funeral.

What definitely isn’t working is just being nice to these motherfuckers.

2 Likes

So my trumpain dad is for vaccine mandates lol. He is super high risk and has taken covid super seriously. He rages against people who don’t wears masks, says people who won’t get the vaccine are fucking idiots

Yet he is also voting to recall newsome and voting for Larry Elders.

Mom told him of Elders covid policies and he’s just like thats not what I heard. What he heard is strictly from facebook.

lol republicans and fucking facebook.

2 Likes

Oh you were being much more literal than I thought. Silly me.