COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Nah, I just want to be sure before putting friends/coworkers at risk.

95% effectiveness against hospitalization would be an improvement, not slippage, at least relative to two-dose vaccination. Potentially better with boosters, but booster uptake is pretty patchy, even in the rich world.

I had hoped this pandemic would start training people to just stay isolated any time they’re sick, regardless of the cause. Nobody wants to catch your cold either (I’m not trying to come down on you in particular).

8 Likes

The key is to get the flu shot in the same arm at the same time as the 3rd booster. Then you have to immediately go disc golf and drink 4 beers with your friend. DISCLAIMER:I am not a doctor and have no idea what I am talking about but it worked for me.

For real though I was at Moderna x2 then Pfizer x1 and felt nothing. She might have missed.

3 Likes

Getting my booster and flu shots tmw, will be 3rd Pfizer dose

5 Likes

Positive tests with no S-gene are up from ~3% to ~9% in the UK for the week before last:

:worried:

2 Likes

fauci brings all the snowflakes to yard
https://mobile.twitter.com/EpsilonTheory/status/1465412478981005313

3 Likes

The full quote comes off a little different.

4 Likes

Booster in the arm. Moderna after 2x Pfizer in the summer :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

All the cool kids did this, imo.

3 Likes

Will I have to wait the full 6 months for booster? I’m supposed to be traveling soon for a few weeks and got my 2nd on June 14th.

No one checked my dates at cvs.

1 Like

You should always check your dates

9 Likes

Brazil reports first Omicron cases in South America

Brazil has deteced two cases of the Omicron Covid strain, the country’s health regulator Anvisa said on Tuesday, the first infections of the variant recorded in South America .

The two infections are related and linked to travel from South Africa. Reuters has the details:

Anvisa said a traveler arriving in Sao Paulo from South Africa and his wife had both apparently contracted the variant.

The traveler landed at Guarulhos international airport on 23 November with a negative test for Covid-19. But before a planned return trip, the couple tested positive and the samples were sent for further analysis, which identified the Omicron variant.

The samples will be sent for a second confirmatory analysis, the regulator said.

Hmm, they probably have your record on their screen. In MA, your vaccines are recorded in the state database, which they have access to.

Posting clips of articles is great, but I’d really appreciate it if we include links so I can easily read beyond the clip if I want more information or context. If we could do that I’d really appreciate it

9 Likes

That is not a link.

The snarky response is not appreciated

7 Likes
4 Likes