COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

The top US infectious disease official said Americans should be prepared to fight the spread of the new Covid-19 variant Omicron, but it is too soon to say what actions are needed, including possible mandates or lockdowns.

Dr Anthony Fauci told ABC News on Sunday that the United States must do “anything and everything” amid likely cases of the variant, but it was “too early to say” whether new lockdowns or mandates were needed, Reuters reports.

He said it was possible that the new variant was already in the United States, although no official case has been confirmed.

There will probably be an increase in mask mandates in certain areas of the country.

The US is never having an April 2020 style lockdown ever again.

This is a flat-out lie. The variant was identified and sequenced by African researchers, who then shared the sequence with the rest of the word.

2 Likes

This is just laughably false. I have been working personally with people doing variant surveillance for months now. Fuck off with these fabrications. We have, right now in operation, a sequencing scheme robust against the omicron mutations.

3 Likes

I think the future of “lockdowns” is going to be stuff like companies sending their employees to work from home, etc., the government is just going to give up because their half measures don’t work and full measures like mandatory vaxxes is not something they have the will or courage to implement.

2 Likes

This is literally what Tom Peacock says in the tweet churchill posted a screen shot of so it’s odd that he used that tweet to support his claim. There’s also a follow up tweet, as indicated by the ellipses at the end and the line underneath Tom’s avatar
https://twitter.com/PeacockFlu/status/1464169677115084812

1 Like

Omgicron is getting around.

WTF BBC

1 Like

Hey, bozos.

We are an international coalition of folks. I’m sure any of our posters from anywhere else have no interest in a dick measuring contest between the US and UK.

Nationalism is stupid. We all suck. Knock it off.

10 Likes

2 Likes

This works as well

I was on the fence about taking my 4 year 10 month old to get a vaccine, but I think omicron has put me over the edge. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

According to a woman’s t-shirt at the dog vaccination clinic I just went to, the final COVID variant is COMMUNISM!

9 Likes

Bbc has been lol bad most of the pandemic. Like newsmax bad.

1 Like

As in he turns 5 in 2 months? That’s a tough call. I’d probably do it if I could.

Relative to the BBC which ones have been better? NY Times, CNN, Washington Post, MSNBC, Fox News, NPR, Nate Silver,random posters on unstuck, random posters on 2+2, and my magic 8 ball.

BBC has been fine afaict.

1 Like

But not the Atlantic.

1 Like

No.

Even Fox News isn’t “Newsmax bad”.

Do it.