6. boredsocial
  7. Rugby
  8. Jake7777
  9. DUCY
  10. MasterofthePwn

Unstuck Pozzed List 12/1 to 12/21

1. Watevs
2 Likes

Victorians want proof of vaccination and are frustrated there is medical exemption option. It would be a completely different ballgame if that medical exemption was given without a proper reason.

I, for one, appreciate your dedication to this silly, no-stakes o/u line. As an under non-bettor, I’m sweating it.

5 Likes

Interesting article from UK gov. regarding when to allow people to come out of isolation. References some data but doesnt have sources.

Key points

• 16% of people still infectious on day 7 (whis is where I am. So a little unlucky, but not that bad)

• under CDC recommendations. The 5 days post test. They suggest that 10 to 30% of people would still be infectious on day 6… yikes.

1 Like

Might be adding another tomorrow. Ive felt increasingly worse since about 10 am. Company has me signed up for a drive thru test tomorrow afternoon

4 Likes

I’m getting tested later today since I just landed in Europe. I have no symptoms but a positive test would give me time to recover from jet lag.

Also getting tested next week. Not sure when this competition ends.

It’s over. Here’s zikzak’s post:

Based on the timestamp of that, 2 wks ended several hours ago.

Never in doubt.

Final count:

Unstuck Pozzed list (post 12/21)

1. Lawnmower Man
  2. d10
  3. Tilted
  4. Champ
  5. Surf
  6. boredsocial
  7. Rugby
  8. Jake7777
  9. DUCY
  10. MasterofthePwn

Unstuck Pozzed List 12/1 to 12/21

1. Watevs
3 Likes

IRL observations from the 'Cronvid in a not brokenly busy ER

1. Mildness fits - in vaccinated people. Unvaccinated and uninfected people are pretty rare though honestly. Still they get admitted. No one is coming in crashing though, which was rare at my current job during all the other outbreaks. Just a different time than my NYC experience, which was a months long mass casualty event.

2. Holy shit everyone got sick at some holiday gathering or at work.

3. Testing situation is a disaster. 80% of our ER work is swabbing people and discharging them, which is annoying af, but where are they going to go? Lots of people are going to be surprised with their 300 dollar plus ER bill.

4. I should be able to leave a stack of work notes saying they don’t have to go to work with covid at the door. Fuck me the number of people who come in just needing a note for their work is absurd.

5. RSV going wild right now. Admitted 3 RSV kiddos plus a RSV/Covid combo

6. It’s a really bad time to get sick right now. I’m simply not going to be able to provide good care of someone with heart attacks, severe sepsis, septic shock, etc. Stay safe out there. The strain right now isn’t everyone dying, it’s everyone coming.

The last bit is darkly funny to me, because the pandemic has been awful economically for emergency medicine physicians. Hospitals and private equity groups reacted to nadirs in volume by reducing staff and hours aggressively. You wouldn’t think the ‘frontline heroes’ would be told to get fucked so quickly, but all of a sudden there’s a massive short of EM doctors again. Private equity in EM is a fucking disaster.

As for nurses, the people who actually do all the things while I just click in the computer… it’s hard to figure out why anyone would be a full time nurse at a hospital when you can make more than the doctor being a mediocre travel nurse. Nursing will make your experience in the hospital good or bad far more than the doctor, and the traveling nurses fucking suck. The nurses still here due to a sense of whatever are the people I’d ride-or-die with any day, but they’re like half the staff at most right now. Pair me with 4 good nurses and I can see 4 patients per hour with little stress. 2 patients an hour with the travel crew is awful.

Anyways, fucking out of the ER for 7 weeks.

20 Likes

Anyone have data on average time that people still test positive on a pcr test after recovery?

I have a flight in 9 days and i⁰ need to test first. Theres apparently an exception for people who have recovered from covid, but you need a PCR test more than 14 days previous. I skipped the PCR test and just went straight into isolationso I could be competely fucked.

Mrs Rugby gonna be so mad. She was encouraging me to get a PCR test.

There’s a guy who does a podcast called Episode One that is sort of in the Chapo orbit and he recently, like last few weeks, quit his job as an ER nurse. They interviewed him about it on most recent Chapo. Apparently the travelling nurses get paid like 3 or 4 times what the residents do. Seems like bullshit.

Survived four weeks in Istanbul without any major illness… just got my negative PCR test back before flying home tomorrow. Sore one for 3x Moderna gang… boosted on Nov 22.

Hoping for quick and easy recoveries for the Unstuck pozzed crew… and lots of negative results to come for all of you testing in the coming weeks.

4 Likes

I got myself pcr tested becasue I was so massively exposed to my covid+ wife. Anyway, result was negative, triple moderna for the win I guess.

2 Likes

Weirdly, South Africa genetically engineering a mild virus to outbreed and induce immunity to a deadly cousin and then surreptitiously spreading it around the world is a plot point in Peter Watts’ Rifters trilogy. :thinking:

2 Likes

Antigen test came back negative.

PCR test is expected back tomorrow.

Means that I probably feel shitty due to jet lag not covid.

Plane on the second leg of the trip was less than half full. No idea why. Figure the short flights would be the ones more likely to be packed.

1 Like

Sounds like morning sickness.

1 Like

Day 9, still positive, no symptoms for 6+ days. I don’t really see how I can still be infectious at this point.

2 Likes

US companies will accept ~infinite cost increases “temporarily” but will be damned if they accept a 50% increase in salary long-term for loyal staff.

That’s business school brain for you.

The government will bail them out of “unexpected” short term problems.

Chapter 10 has started.