COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

It’s for Churchill’s own good. How else are people who create gimmicks to circumvent their self-bans ever going to learn self-control?

2 Likes

You mean you just said exactly what I said using slightly different words. I even quoted it for you, man. How dense can you be?

If you think those are just ‘slightly different words’ you’re more out of your depth than I thought.

dammit, self-control is lacking today

Like I said, learn English first, then I can teach you some science stuff.

Which part of Churchills post was “anti-vaxx”?

There is some preliminary lab evidence suggesting that a double dose of vaccine offers significantly better protection from Delta than recovery from a previous infection.

Maybe don’t cut out the key part of the post?

He’s using a gimmick and implying that the COVID vaccine is dangerous. Sorry I’ve tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but it’s very clear you’re not posting in good faith.

5 Likes

He also said the UK wouldn’t approve the vaccine for under 18s.

They’ve already approved it to 12 years and up.

The gimmick thing isn’t relevant. He is self-banned. I don’t disagree with the other point. I’m just saying that being wrong is not a reason to be banned.

That has nothing to do with the mechanism by which getting the disease may confer additional immunity

This really shouldn’t be that hard for you. There hasn’t been a good study, so we don’t know.

If we don’t know, that means that the study could show either outcome.

If it shows that getting the disease confers more immunity, then it would suggest that there are other pathways activated by the disease that are not activated by the vaccine. This is what I said. Then you restated it and decided you needed to disagree with me because you are in one of your ikesian moods.

1 Like

Using a gimmick while banned has always been grounds for catching a ban. Mods might look the other way if it’s a self-ban and the gimmick isn’t annoying, but this seems like a silly case to complain about.

This is definitely a body of work thing. That post from any other poster on this site doesn’t generate a ban.

You’ll also note in that post:

but we do have proxies for the function of the immune system outside of antibody quants and the mRNA vaccines do very well there as well.

No one has been able to demonstrate in a lab or observational studies that getting the virus confers more immunity. Your talk about various immunity pathways has not held up in laboratory investigations in t-cell assays and the like.

You will not be able to do an RCT of people who get covid. It will never happen because it’s not ethical to do. Observational data is the best we have, and it hasn’t shown more immunity for a full infection.

All of this comes back to the actual reason for uncertainty. It’s not that there are various pathways in the immune system. It’s that the gold standard for studying such a thing is not possible in modern medical ethics. That is all. Bye.

Melk and CN, I have to say that this is one of the dumber fights I’ve witnessed here.

3 Likes

Do we really have to litigate this shit in every thread. Take it to the About Moderation thread already @cassette JFC.

6 Likes

Oh trust me this is nothing. Melk has taught me how to treat abscesses and how residency admissions work too. He’s mad about stuff from 5-10 years ago you see, so a few minutes of googling makes him an expert on anything when I say something.

You’re right. I was in the wrong thread. I’ll stop. In the future you can send your insults to me via PM and we can keep this thread on track.

1 Like

2 Likes

What insults? Mentioning we had a nice 12 hour run of no whining? I don’t think that is much of an insult but ok. You immediately called me a no-content shitposter so GTFO with this nonsense.