COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

This is what I was thinking of (also I saw smacc’s tweet)

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01299-y

1 Like

@DrJenniferMelfi

1 Like

That’s super different than what you brought up. You don’t care about antibody levels, you care if you get sick and etc

It looks like the study was only done on > 80 year olds too :/

It will be curious how his teammates and fans react when he has to sit out a playoff game because he was too much of a chicken shit redneck moron to get two shots and costs the hapless Bills yet another shot at a title.

I know how I’ll feel about it :rofl:

5 Likes

For those who have gotten their 12+ child vaccinated, did they require proof of age?

Got to worry if that is how your qb thinks. Seems like he has a granite ceiling.

My 12 year old was vaccinated at a hospital-run mass vaccination site. No “proof” of age required, but. they asked him (not me) his birthdate and age directly two or three times. I also brought his school ID, which didn’t seem like a requirement but they definitely wanted to see it.

My 16 year old was vaccinated at a CVS. Zero identification or anything at all was required from either of us at any point - I made the appointment online, we said we’re here for the appointment, they showed us which line to get in, and stuck a needle in my kid’s arm. We could have been anybody.

1 Like

Looking at our fifth health minister since covid began. And he’s the same as the first guy.

Yup we’re bringing back the failed pop idol. The guy who basically did nothing while the real epidemiologist did all the work.

Health ministers seem to have a series of steps.

1. Get hired
  2. Do things the PM doesn’t like even if they’re right
  3. Reveal a scandal that forces resignation
  4. If three can’t be done, throw a hissy fit in front of president to get minister fired
  5. Plead to get someone to fill a toxic, thankless, career-crushing position under Cezchia’s Donald Trump

The fact that they had to go to the first guy says a lot about working under Babis. I’m so glad that the ruling is gonna be destroyed come October. What I’m not glad about is that the new guy is shit and we were doing really well fighting covid. Pretty good chance that everything fails again.

1 Like

They (CVS) asked for dob on the Web site when I made her appointment and again when we arrived and signed in, but I didn’t have to show her birth certificate. They were far more concerned with seeing her insurance card (read: getting paid for giving the shot) than anything else. It was a bit of a disorganized mess tbh. My own experience at Publix was way way easier.

The Kroger where I got my second shot called me this week. Wanted to know when/if I was getting my second shot. I had told them they were my second, but apparently that didn’t get recorded in their system (I do have the shot record so I’m good)

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to post that I had my first at least quasi-normal social event since either January or February of 2020 this past Sunday. I met up with a coworker for beers and dinner at a local microbrewery with an outdoor patio right on the water with a beautiful view on a perfect spring evening. Food was good, beer was better, and the company paid. Getting vaccinated is worth it.

13 Likes

The CDC guidance made it to the little island in Florida I am visiting. Last Friday masks for folks waiting for tables at restaurants was like 50% (staff too) and by today it is down to zero.

Like I get having to feed students but one would think they’d at least try to socially distance people. I know they’re tested before entering school but this is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Shakespeare dead :(

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1397505357635891200?s=21

2 Likes

And a bunch of antivaxxers probably reported this to VAERS.

2 Likes

I’d forgotten about the demon semen doctor.

2 Likes

Good to see 100% vaccination down there!

1 Like

Odds anti vaxxers blame vaccine on death of 81 year old many months later?

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/bader_diedrich/status/1397570065994637316

I know dieder is joking but in this Age of Influencers how much anti masks is not partly because people want to be recognized. Even people who would never be recognized are worried they might not be recognized.

If your central focus in your life is posting pictures of your face online it has to be quite the struggle.