COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Start a brand new country called Czechoslovenia with new government.

2 Likes

Can’t they just scan our microchips?

2 Likes

Places that did really well early on in the pandemic are in a bit of a fragile place. Modern COVID is more contagious than the early-pandemic version, and they’re at ~0% natural immunity. Things could get out of hand if they slip up.

1 Like

Are they really going to push forward with this?

1 Like

This seems like the most obvious cancelation ever, so my guess is corporate sponsors are pushing hard to make it happen? Gotta sell those cokes.

Not looking to harsh the mellow since I think things are getting much better, but I’m seeing more and more states just not reporting any numbers for certain days more frequently now. I think states are losing interest in COVID too!

Even if they’re batch-dumping on certain days (which many have been since the beginning, hence why sundays are always the lowest), the 7dma and 14dma has been decreasing, and the rate of the decrease has been increasing. We’re up to a 33 percent decrease in the 14dma, up from 29 percent last week.

3 Likes

Would guess that it’s far more all the people who sold ads to Coke. But idk really.

2 Likes

Next week I’m going back to teach in person!

Gotta say that I’m gonna miss online teaching though. Kinda nice to wake up 2 minutes before class, grab my laptop and teach a class while lying on my bed in pajamas. Now I actually have to walk to work.

Regardless, this is the home stretch. Only got 3 weeks of actual face-to-face teaching remaining.

4 Likes

I don’t believe the the pajamas part.

What if he sleeps in a suit?

reece

1 Like

Birthday suit

1 Like

MA full capacity and no masks in most setting on 5/29.

Will be very curious how many people still mask up around here.

ETA - Ponied by 20 seconds.

1 Like

I can’t wait for the increase in cases in the coming weeks.

Im just glad we finally joined the red states in defeating COVID. They’ve done it so many times we have some real catching up to do.

Summer camps can go maskless outdoors now too

Just mega lolUSA if this goes sideways from here. I dont think its likely, but man, we do not like taking out any insurance here.

You don’t need to have the camera on.

Even if I did, wear T-shirt and pajama bottoms.

Wow that’s pretty relaxed. This is high school? I thought most teachers would have cam on and one level up from t-shirt.