COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

A wise man once noted this observation in simpler terms:

“Every time I speak of the haters and losers I do so with great love and affection. They cannot help the fact that they were born fucked up!”

― Donald J. Trump.

1 Like

Nope. Stand by it 100%. Don’t care if you feel otherwise. Don’t care if I catch a ban for it. Shitting on this woman’s death is bullshit. Dehumanizing people like this is wrong, no matter how you wrap up that turd.

So you want to include all the posters including the innocent too? That seems absurd tbh, I mean wtf has @MrWookie done to deserve this kind of ridicule? I’ll never know.

That’s the part you should take back and name the accused.

^
^
Will take whatever heat for noting:

A clear nominee and WINNAR.

1 Like

Hard disagree. F the people who try to kill my meemaw. Better they die than she, and if that makes me a scumbag I’ll wear it with pride.

You can spare me with the BUT SHE MADE BAD POSTS ON TWITTER. Nope don’t give a shit.

She also worked through a pandemic. That’s real actual work, not internet bullshit.

Several of you have brought up trained medical professional and whatnot, but y’all are severely overestimating the actual scientific training that nurses have. They get rudimentary stuff in college and it’s essentially never followed up. She wasn’t much more informed about this than a random with a college degree.

1 Like

You’re going to have to be a little more subtle with this if you want an actual reaction.

As I said with the post that got instantly deleted… You should clarify the “you guys” instead of trying to leave doubt.

That’s it, and as your replying to some posters whom said stuff that I don’t really like too, I’ll let you carry on.

I’ll take your totally sincere and honest criticism and ignore it. thanks though.

:v:

Two things I’m hearing from my friends and people I follow online:

1. There’s a massive nursing shortage seemingly across the whole US
  2. ER volumes are up
  3. PICUs are drowning in RSV, typically a wintertime respiratory virus

Seems officially not-good to me. If RSV is spreading, covid is too.

1 Like

If we’re “severely overestimating” their training, then what do you think the average person is doing? I mean what you are saying is absolutely correct with respect to her credibility on the subject. However, anyone who is going to be persuaded by her, will give her more credibility than she deserves. And it’s not like she was trying to set them straight on that particular issue.

I’m struggling with what the point of your post here is. The answer to your question is less, and you know that it’s less. So how bout you get to a point? Does she deserve to die because she had a bad opinion?

My point was that your point was irrelevant. Her actual level of expertise (i.e., ~0) doesn’t matter. What matters (if it matters at all) is her perceived level of expertise.

I have no dog in the “does she deserve to die” debate (I’m not even sure that’s an accurate way to frame what is going on). I can see both sides of that one.

Now if kids can’t transmit Covid then babies certainly can’t.

Seriously my son at 5 months old had a mystery condition and was in the hospital (finally determined to be an intusuppsection) and twice had the room next door later determined to have RSV and somehow faded it. He got tested twice a day I think.

He’s gonna be 28 in September.

3 Likes

Also I feel like it’s story time for what happens when a typical covid patient dies from respiratory failure, because it’s a fucking nightmare I’ve had over and over again.

Usually it happens over days to a week. Some people die fast, but most die slow.

As their lungs turn to shit, they get more air hunger, and become impossible to sedate. This lasts for hours, and sometimes even days. You can try different vent modes, they seem to tolerate APRV better than others, but they will sit there and fight the vent over and over again struggling to breath. Propofol, versed, fentanyl, ketamine, precedex, it doesn’t matter. They struggle.

Towards the end, they stop struggling. They usually start having their oxygen levels really drop then. You change a vent setting or maybe fire off some TNK, but it doesn’t matter. They start dropping more, you push the vent settings beyond what’s normally acceptable. If they’re lucky they pop a lung and die fast.

But they don’t pop a lung or you fix the pneumothorax with a finger thoracotomy planning to put in a proper tube in a few minutes, but they start fighting the vent more because it’s incredibly painful to have a pplat of 50+ in your chest (max is supposed to be 30).

But then they die, you do some CPR and some epi like a good doctor is supposed to, and you even get them back! But they’ll fucking die in a few minutes again anyways, after choking on their own lung’s fluids slowly for days.

But hey, she made some bad tweets so fuck her right?

6 Likes

Intussusception is such a fucking hard call to make. You have to get the right imaging at the right time, damn near impossible.

On the flip side, the bad tweets encouraged more of exactly the suffering you just described, including for some people who medically can’t get the vaccine.

It’s easy to hate anyone in the abstract and hard to hate anyone you have a human connection with. An anti-vax nurse is in the abstract for some posters but reminds you of someone you know so the lens of the story is different. Doesn’t have to be more complicated than that.

5 Likes

I had just taken over for my wife for the day. He was feeling a lot better and the Dr saw him on the way into the ward and said maybe he can go home today. 10 minutes later he reviews the latest labs and his wbc had spiked. They though it was a ruptured appendix (that interim after they burst the patient feels better) couldnt tell on the imaging so they cut him open to find it. Lost 1/3 of the lower intestine and the valve.

Try giving Questran(?) to a toddler who has figured out you put it in orange food. We’d mix it in spaghetti Os or jello or sherbet. He’d sniff it and then fling his spoon across the room. Damn this bile acids blistered his skin. His poor body finally adjusted when he was about 3 1/2.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy and all this post does is make me long for a rational society that allows euthanasia. Jfc if you can’t inject me then don’t do shit and just let me die ASAP

Serious question: How is it being a good doctor to prolong suffering for a life that can not be saved?

Did you mean some who follow protocol?

2 Likes