COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

It is incredibly unlikely that this is true, and this study should not be taken seriously.

Quality source though, wouldn’t you agree?

No.

2 Likes

You might want to read the comments in the very same link you posted.

5 Likes

It’s also a study from last July, if this was at all supported by independent research it would already be part of the common knowledge about Covid.

lol, i just have :/

for the record…

checking another commenter presently

1 Like

The last few posts about Spanish shit have summarized the last few weeks itt nicely.

3 Likes

Or at least it would have passed peer review by now instead of languishing on medRxiv. But it obviously shouldn’t pass peer review, because the plain conclusion from the data is obvious: that there wasn’t SARS-CoV-2 in Barcelona’s waste water in March 2019.

2 Likes

I mean common fucking sense and everything else we know about Covid shoudl also tell us that it didnt circulate in a city like barcelona for a full fucking year, to the extent it was detectable in sewage samples, and nobody noticed and said “Hey, i wonder why everyone is getting fucking pneumonia and dying?”

1 Like

SPANISH FLU 2: ELECTRIC SUPERFLU that killed 1% of the population of Barcelona but thankfully no one ever visits or leaves Barcelona so no one noticed and it didn’t spread anywhere.

6 Likes

This is really bad misinformation to have hanging out there. The “debate” over the origins of Covid is going to be misrepresented and weaponized by fascists so passing around discredited conclusions plays right into hands.

1 Like

Can you find the report the comment refers to? Easy to leave a comment.

SARS-CoV-2 detected in waste waters in Barcelona on March 12, 2019 - Current events - University of Barcelona?

Please prove this is misinformation rather than relying on a comment left on the interwebs

Vermont passed 80% with at least one dose today.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Fuck off. I’m not going to personally fact check every link you post with no context.

1 Like

So your theory is that Covid was prevalent enough in Barcelona to show up in sewage samples in March 2019, but then thankfully, through absolutely no mitigation measures whatsoever because, of course, nobody knew it existed, Barcelona flattened the curve and wiped it out by September of 2019? Cool theory.

Why in god’s name are journal preprints put on the web?

I think some authors do this so the public can read their research without being paywalled.