COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Because they can’t make the other dose. All the doses they can make are accounted for.

The issue isn’t poor countries can’t afford the vaccines. The issue is rich countries are buying all the supply.

Too late for me - I’ve had both AZs - but good news for the young 'uns.

1 Like

We faded having to get Russian vaccinations by a few votes and a handful of judges.

3 Likes

Looks like the fully vaccinated are gonna be (almost) returning to normal in the Czech Republic in 2-3 weeks.

If you have a certificate of vaccination and it has been two weeks since your second shot, then you’ll almost be able to go business as usual. However, you’ll still have to wear a mask in most indoor places.

I’m stoked about this but this is total bullshit for some because the vaccine has not been made available to everyone in the country yet. So far it’s 50+ years old and those in certain professions or have comorbid diseases. That means the vaccine is probably available to a bit less than half the country. In total, less than 10% of the population has been fully vaccinated and a significant portion haven’t been 2 weeks removed from their second shot.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/05/covid-death-toll-underreported-higher-excess-deaths-study.amp?__twitter_impression=true

12 posts were split to a new topic: Speech on Social Media, Again

UCSF is that bad eh?

may be joking, but UCSF is an elite level med school

That was my understanding but that doctor rocked my belief.

care to explain why?

They kicked me out of the last blindfold tournament after I used my air horn a few times.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1390703360374939648?s=21

2 Likes

Reading the replies looks like there is more context to this (a stupid reporter question to Biden?)

Right in one. It also relates to some mask discussion here

Haven’t we always estimated the undercount itt as 40%. This stat is 50%. Not a big surprise.

Of course states…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1390432786574725123

9 Likes

OK, excised the big tech and Bill Gates threads.

3 Likes

USA not on the UK green list for vacationers… probably more to do with the host of variants circulating in the US as opposed to % of population vaccinated or higher current covid cases (we have 3 or 4 measures). Just got to quaratine / self-isolate for 10 days on arrival :slight_smile:

Portugal, Israel and Gibraltar among 12 green list destinations

Now on to the green list countries, which Grant Shapps says people will be able to visit from 17 May.

The transport secretary says the full list of 12 countries and territories people in England can travel to without having to quarantine upon return will include:

• Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island
  • Turkey
  • Maldives
  • Nepal

He says the list will be reviewed every three weeks from reopening.

However, many green list countries will continue to place restrictions on UK travellers, including quarantine measures, so passengers are encouraged to check all requirements and FCDO travel advice before they book any foreign travel.

Countdown to Desantis caving in 3…2…1…

2 Likes