COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

You are wrong.

I’m really not, and five years from now, if you ever happen to think of this, you’ll know it.

1 Like

More than one for sure. Due to people not getting vaccinated and the downstream probably quite a few.

He killed people because of you go three degrees of his audience who didn’t get vaxxed he contributed to infections and deaths in that group directly, in order to make money.

That you think there is a difference is weird. Wonder if he called for people to not wear masks and protest vaccines. That would make it worse and expand his circle of damage.

But I don’t pretend all life is sacred and I know some people are a massive negative to humanity and happy to see them go anyway deemed possible. Short or fast I will cheer either.

The prolonged death is literally the icing. It’s delicious but doesn’t make the whole cake.

I don’t care if you guys laugh and make fun of these terrible people. What difference does it make? Im not going to lie I get a little kick out of it. It’s pointless though. Lots of terrible people ready to jump on air and replace that guy. I was just trying to say the people actually there taking care of these people and watching them suffer and eventually die feel terrible for them. It must be a horrible way to go out.

3 Likes

Antibody tests are to be widely offered to the UK public for the first time in a new programme that aims to find out more about how much natural protection people have after getting coronavirus.

Anyone over 18 will be able to opt in when having a PCR test from Tuesday - of those who test positive, up to 8,000 will be sent two home antibody tests.

The first of the finger-prick tests would have to be done as soon as possible after the positive result, so the body would not have time to generate a detectable antibody response to the infection.

The second would be taken 28 days later and measure antibodies generated in response to the infection.

The UK Health Security Agency is to run the programme and will work alongside NHS test and trace services in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to use results to monitor levels of antibodies in positive cases.

Good news. Vaccinations about to SKYROCKET!

4 Likes

Sad news: The father of a guy I work with dropped dead last week from an apparent heart attack. He was 60, which while old, doesn’t seem quite old enough to where you just shrug it off as something that’s commonplace. Especially, if they appear to be otherwise healthy and not a smoker or obese. Hell, my father is 59 and if he just keeled out of the blue, I’d want it looked into. I’m sure you can already guess where this is going…

I am being inundated with anti vaxx talk mostly from people I work with and I need some ammunition to combat it with. Many, refuse to wear a mask under any circumstances (my boss is the worst culprit) and now that this guy’s father died, they’re trying to blame it on the fact he was vaxxed.

I was told to watch the video below. First, I don’t trust any site named bitchute. I looked it up and it was started a while ago and is labeled as conservative views (I also wonder why Trump and his ilk didn’t just go there?). I like to keep an open mind about things and listen to different information sources with objectivity. The problem is, I’m not a virologist or a medical expert. The guy in the video states repeatedly that he has documentation to back up what he’s saying, but he doesn’t present it (he can’t in that setting) and I don’t know how to look it up.

He also claims that Trump and Guilliani were his patients. If so, my first question would be then why are they vaxxed? And the people in my office would respond they aren’t getting the same vaccination as the plebes. Anyway, here’s the link. I know it’s too much to ask for anyone to watch the entire thing. But can someone just listen to enough to point out exactly where this guy is wrong so I can be ready and prepared for a discussion on Monday? I know it’s like asking someone else to do my homework, but this stuff really is beyond my pay grade of understanding and I’m sick of not knowing how to respond to these people. I get that even people my age can drop dead out of the blue. But I’d be lying if I said the thought this guy was vaxxed could’ve had something to do with his death didn’t cross my mind at least for a secon.

I think you guys are repeatedly missing AIFs point which (if I can put words in his mouth) is that it’s bad for us to spend time wallowing like piggies in anger or hate. These negative emotions are addictive, whether it’s watching Fox News or posting on incel forums or high-fiving the pain of actually terrible people, it all serves to reinforce hate and anger in your mind and you start to want to experience it again.

I have no sympathy or empathy for Phil Valentine and his family at all because why would I? Something like 150,000 people die worldwide every single day. This asshole is the last one I’m going to waste my empathy budget on. I think it’s funny that he died of covid and it’s probably good and fitting that people who spend their lives trying to undermine social trust get owned. That’s as far as it goes though, it’s like 20 seconds out of my day. Spending time cranking up the amygdala and working up joy or elation imagining the downfall and suffering of other people is bad for your brain and it’s bad to encourage other people to do it. The question of whether the object of your ill-wishing deserves it or not is beside the point.

14 Likes

Using this thread to celebrate death diminishes its value IMO.

I think it’s gross in general but I don’t expect other people to care about my sensibilities.

I’m sure I have liked a post or two in the thread that is dedicated to it.

2 Likes

I feel ya but the guy is nothing but a fraud. You can’t really outlogic someone or something who is just a lying piece of shit.

Sorry about your coworkers dad. Something on the order of 140,000 Americans under the age of 65 die of CVD each year so it’s not that unusual. That’s about 5% of all deaths in a given year. Not being a smoker or obese makes it slightly more unusual but there are still a bunch of genetic risk factors.

I watched a little grab of the Zelensky video and it’s just nonsense. One quick example is that he said “women miscarrying rose from 10% to 80% after vaccination” and I’ve seen that paper. The deal is that their denominator was the number of women with a completed pregnancy and many of the women were not 9 months in. So let’s say you take a group of women who are 1 to 6 months pregnant, you wait three months and ask how many miscarried OF THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE PREGNANCY and the answer is nearly 100% omg, because most of them are still pregnant. Then covidiots took that number and compared it to baseline miscarriage rate from outside the study. It was really that stupid. That was like 5 seconds of the video. I’m not going to do that for every claim he makes. There is no helping people who are determined to believe some guy talking on a YooToob.

3 Likes

I’m happy he’s dead because maybe something good will come out of it. Maybe some of his listeners will be scared into getting vaccinated. One less propagandist leading us into fascism. I’m happy he’s dead for the good of the world, not because I want vengeance on one guy.

I’m happy Rush is dead because he can’t poison minds anymore. If he was old and feeble when he died, then it’s a different story. I’d be a lot more indifferent at that point.

1 Like

I think you are even taking AIF’s point a step further.

I interpreted it as AIF saying its ok to be happy about them dying but let’s not foster a community where we actively wish they suffer a horrible death.

I think his argument got lost in all of those vicious personal attacks he made though.

5 Likes

We’ll have to wait until one of those things happens to tell you you’re wrong.

This is good! I wish you could grab an example that pertains specifically to his claim about arteries (or explain how I can research). I visited Salk Institution and they do say it’s been conclusively shown that SARS-CoV-2 is more of a vascular rather than respiratory problem

I don’t understand all the jargon about spikes, etc. But it’s always good to have math on your side to disarm disinformation. Thanks!

So now we are at the WC Fields conjecture.

Sitting at a fancy table, he asks the society lady next to him if she would kiss him for a $10. She thinks about and says yes. He then asks if she would sleep with him for $100.

Lady is offended, “I’m not a whore”.

Fields “we’ve already determine what you are, now we are simply negotiating”

So it ok to root for death, even painful death. Now we are just having a debate where to draw the line.

For the record, there is a concept called venting, releasing our inner Id so to speak. At least for me, the talk of deaths and how they died is venting.

I view rooting as just that. I can’t make that kick miss the uprights anymore than I can make Rush suffer more. Yet I irrationally wish those things. As a non-believer I’m pretty confident I have NO influence over those events.

Typing things on the interwebs is cathartic. I choose this forum for letting this dark part of my thoughts out. I would not do anything to either cause a death, nor would I do anything to prolong someone’s suffering. If you don’t have dark thoughts/fantasies then good for you. I suspect you are in a small minority.

5 Likes

Closed for transition to new thread.