COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Not according to their website. Their take on smear transmission seems pretty reasonable but I’m sure you’ll have a 50,000 word screed on how clearly they’re all incompetent liars:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

1 Like

Completely trivial to find, just go away

“Not according to their website?” It says three feet right fucking here

4 Likes

This is getting extremely tiresome.

Right, any time they slightly update their guidelines, it’s because they’re incompetent morons. Not that they’re studying a brand new disease and the science is evolving, no, they want you to get sick and no one should ever listen to them.

1 Like

Lol this guy thinks that three feet of separation is enough to keep US schools safe

1 Like

You really couldn’t pay me enough to work for the CDC. Imagine spending a career and possibly risking your health trying to stop these bugs and the moment the shit hits the fan hysterical people on the right and the left want to fucking burn you at the stake. I’d walk out on day one, you guys already have all the answers, gl.

2 Likes

Your “simple points” are long posts full of completely baseless attacks on a set of experts far more informed than you are.

Fomite transmission doesn’t make much sense for a respiratory virus. The recommendations make sense with my experience (if fomite transmission was significant I would have been fucked) and with how respiratory viruses normally work.

3ft makes sense for people who are masked as well. Again, masked.

The idea that the CDC, which is a very conservative in nature, is playing cowboy here is based on nothing. The fact that someone can’t explain exactly what data the CDC is using to you (or in my case, someone who isn’t willing to do a research paper for you) isn’t evidence of their incompetence. It’s far more likely that you just don’t understand what’s going on.

Bullshit is three feet safe with masks. Absolute bullshit

2 Likes

The all knowing and conservative cdc told the entire country not to wear masks a year ago. I’m gonna stick with that tbh

2 Likes

85 new posts, guess there’s some new news in the Covid worl-- oh.

15 Likes

Based on what?

Y’all I’ve been in closer quarters with someone who had covid for longer periods than all of you combined. While I was always in a N95 in patients rooms with COVID, I’ve spent tons of time with colleagues who ended up having covid and patients who randomly had covid with a simple mask, well within 3 feet.

I realize that is far from some gold standard evidence, but declaring something wrong usually requires some sort of evidence behind it, and I’ve yet to see anyone demonstrably take this recommendation down.

Sorry, but there’s no other way to describe you here. ~1 year ago the CDC said smear transmission is low probability but you should still wash your hands and disinfect surfaces and you threw a fit. Now they’re saying, based on new data, that it’s probably not a huge problem but you should still wash your hands and disinfect surfaces and you’re still throwing a fit. Just stop listening to CDC guidelines if they make you so pissed.

Yeah back when I was wearing the same n95 for a week because people stole ours and we couldn’t get more.

I’m just still in shock that proper credit isn’t being given to the organization that kicked off the pandemic by telling people they didn’t need to mask up. Y’all should be ashamed

5 Likes

Good luck on your upcoming temp ban!

1 Like

feels like i did have delayed vax reaction, mine was 6 days later, while range for moderna could be 4-11, according to extensive internets research. weird armpit pain still there. no chills or headache today though. if dose 2 is worse, i’ll be kicking myself for not hydrating.

https://twitter.com/GidMK/status/1381491817632333824?s=19

1 Like

The reason for lying doesn’t change the fact that they lied

1 Like

I kind of suspected I got a really bad cold from it. Like a week after my 2nd shot I was super congested, thought I had covid. I wasn’t around ANYONE besides the grocery store double masked and distanced. Mom didn’t get sick. I couldn’t think of anything else.

Also had Moderna.