COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

They could all die. Would modify so many things.

1 Like

Because half the countries and half the leaders of the country stand poised to go ape crap crazy at anything that pushes or encourages vaccinations.

We continue this culture war where half the country are just obstructionists and oppositionists.

We could give away free ice cream and they would go freaking crazy and we would have 20 states ban ice cream.

Pfizer 2/2 :ballot_box_with_check:

Doing my 15 minute wait at Walmart. There was a little bit of a paperwork mix-up with two women with similar names ahead of me (Julie and Julia) but otherwise things are running smoothly.

Arm already feeling a little sore but I planned ahead and did my push-ups and pull-ups beforehand today.

18 Likes

I’m not sure that really an example of societal pressure.

It’s sounds more like “My kids already missed a year and missing another is probably worse for them than possibly catching COVID, especially if all the adults they’re around are vaxxed”.

To add onto gambool and spidercrab, there has been a change in deaths in the Czech Republic. Months ago, around 99% of deaths were of people 55 and older. Now that number is around 97%. Whether that’s due to the elderly being vaccinated before the young or if the virus has adjusted is unclear based on the stats made available to the people.

Getting Moderna #2 on Thursday. Kinda nervous. Feels weird to intentionally make yourself ill even if it is the logical thing to do.

3 Likes

David Roth delivers as always.

4 Likes

The death rate for kids is so low that if you can get vaxxed yourself, you should be fine.

I don’t think JT is as worried about death as he is about unknown long-term sequelae.

Then I have additional reassurance: long term illnesses not associated with severe cases of COVID are bullshit. Severe COVID is also closely correlated with deaths.

My ICUs went from 1 covid patient a few weeks ago to 20% of our bed space being taken by covid. Of course everyone around me is talking about how covid is over and everything should be back to normal by now. We are in for one more wild ride imo.

6 Likes

What about the so-called “long haulers”?

Bullshit. Believing in long haulers is frankly anti-science.

For some reason Dr. Pepper (Politics) is trending on my Twitter and I am not sure why.

But this was the first tweet (don’t think this is why) but made me laugh.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1379135416444592134

Oh and to answer dummies question I would be fine with that. I can’t believe I used to like that guy.

While iron’s characterization of bullshit is too strong, the evidence for prolonged courses in people who had initial mild disease (or never had confirmed covid in the first place - yes they are included in a lot of these surveys) is poor.

We’ve talked about this a few times in this thread.

2 Likes

“Freedom to travel internationally”? WTF is that?

2 Likes

It’s like when brown people stand at our southern border knocking.

3 Likes

And I’m old enough to remember when Donald Trump said “Fuck you, you can’t come here” to like a dozen countries.

2 Likes

I THINK I figured out why dr. Pepper is trending. Anti cancel culture canceled coke and are discussing alternatives. (Coca cola bottling distributes dr. Pepper)

I think you’re likely right, but I’m not near as sure as you are. You sound more sure about this than anyone I’ve ever heard.

It would be easier and more effective to just follow the normal guidance.