COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

One thing they ate was polenta made from stuff other than corn.

There’s certainly documentation of the food of ancient Rome.

Not terrible. It took me nearly as long to get my second jab in Exeter on a make-up day during a storm week.

A bunch of appts for tomorrow at the Forum have been available all day on myturn in CA. A good sign imo. They open up to all 50-64 on Thursday.

Apparently the rich used the spices as status symbols (rich people never change) - they would invite guests for dinner and display their spice collection.

2 Likes

To some extent eggplant occupied the place in Italian food that tomatoes do now.

Bleh

I was going to make a joke about Caesar salad. Except Caesar salad doesn’t have tomatoes. And it’s not Italian.

If I lost my sense of taste, I would immediately start eating really healthy. Might as well take advantage while I have no desire for burgers and chocolate.

8 Likes

Pretty much exactly what I thought too. Gonna eat crazy amounts of radishes and brussels sprouts.

I love it. Spices as the old time equivalents of pianos and chess boards that are never played and books that are never read.

1 Like

Brag: New Hampshire opened up appointments for over 40 folks today, and I lucked out and got my wife and I appointments for Tuesday the 6th.

Beat: After not having a haircut for a year, my wife blinked and asked to cut my hair. It’s now basically a mullet.

Variance: She seems to, ahem, dig the mullet.

17 Likes

Probably ponied but the confirmations we are getting seem like great news!

Source: Covid-19 News: In-Person School Attendance Inches Up but Roadblocks Remain - The New York Times

7 Likes
5 Likes

New York expanding eligibility to ages 30 and up starting tomorrow

CN will be shocked I tell you. Shocked!

1 Like

Always interesting these articles.

Island province with 156k population suspends use. UK currently injecting at the rate of 156k AZ vaccines every 4 hours (for months now).

Unlikely to be news

1 Like

Alright guys whats your best estimate of when everyone who wants a vaccine will have access to them in USA

yah, if I posted that we need a link to the study that suggests this.

Otherwise it seems to imply a vaccinated person can still transmit to a vaccinated person (“Among those who were fully vaccinated…”) i.e vaccinated can catch and transmit to the vaccinated, albeit at a low rate. I wonder how much they transmit to the unvaccinated.

Any idea when the study data end date was? (it was pre-variants).

For the avoidance of doubt, I’m not shitting on current vaccines

Pakistan president tests positive

Pakistan’s President Arif Alvi has tweeted that he has tested positive for Covid-19.

Alvi, who is 71, says he has taken the first dose of a Covid vaccine but is awaiting the second.

It is still possible to contract coronavirus after being vaccinated but the jabs protect most people against serious complications of the disease. A second dose also offers greater protection.

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan tested positive earlier this month. Cases in Pakistan are on the rise, with about 4,000 cases a day reported in the past week.

Nice. I’m going to become a basketball ref and make bad calls just so the coach will take off his mask and yell in my face.