COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Even if you weren’t paid under the table, what pizza delivery guy has “work ID”? I can understand asking for a paystub or something like that.

Yeah she asked for any proof at all and the site said multiple times bring a paystub so I concocted this genius lie.

If anyone lives in Georgia, just go get one of the thousands of vaccine appointments in central or southern Georgia that are going unfilled literally every day.

Even now that they expanded it to 55+ and overweight (lol 25+ BMI, which is what >2/3 the adult population?) there are still massive rolls of unfilled appointments. You aren’t jumping anyone in line. You’re helping the worst state in the country perhaps catch up to Alabama.

Don’t fight your way into an appointment in Atlanta, where everything is booked solid. Drive you ass into the countryside and get vaccinated.

1 Like

I blatantly lied when it was my turn. There was otherwise no way to get past the point on the website where it asked if I was >= 65 even though the policy had changed.
I figured, “oh well”.

If they cart me off to jail when I show up to the appointment I’ll have learned a valuable lesson.

3 Likes

Cases have dropped steadily since the vaccine rollout in my county. Finally some good news. For reference, my county is ~300,000:

ETA: Percent of county population vaccinated:

2 Likes

Utah last night, and Michigan today now have set full eligibility dates:

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1370420226333020164

1 Like

Do they care if you don’t live in Georgia?

SC is hopeless.

Not at all, I don’t think.

Also, appointments have filled up quite a bit across the state for next week, just today. This is good: maybe we’ll finally start to see our vaccination rate improve.

Walgreen’s wouldn’t let me book it. I could lie and say I work in GA (close to zero chance they check), but I hate lying.

I’d be cautious about lying? Unless you’re really sure it’s not going to keep someone from a priority group from getting it.

Yeah I’m not going to do it. I expect things to open up massively within a week or two anyway.

Tests have dropped steadily since the vaccine rollout in my county. After 4 months, 16% are vaccinated though the vunerable make up at least 30% of the population. The vulnerable probably make up 40% of the 16% vaccinated to date (?)

Not meaning to pick on you fatboy8 but we ain’t there yet.

In light of the new variants, herd immunity is c. 80% so by July 22 the county may be there (assuming no new variants)

5.5x 63m = should have been at 100m doses (of the vulnerable) 2 weeks ago but I believe in Biden - just need to reach the vulnerable before the next wave

Under 55’s eligible next in the UK

Maybe, but our percentage of positive covid tests is at 2.7%. It’s been dropping along with the cases…

Nice. Wish I was in America now. Covid is way less of a problem there.

Czech Republic has had a 7-day average in the low to mid-30s for a couple of months now.

I’m lucky though. Probably only 1-2% of the country’s population from ages 30-39 has had a vaccine shot and I’m one of them.

1 Like

maybe I got lucky getting my mom scheduled through cvs in st. petersburg fl, there were 4 days with dozens of appointments for 3 different stores.

her first and second pfizer vaccine shot have been scheduled though. that basically checks off everyone in my immediate family, and me that will have received the first shot.

4 Likes

Blue graph is daily vaccine doses given

9 Likes

So my mother-in-law got the first shot of the AZ vaccine five weeks ago. She agreed to be part of a trial and so just got tested for COVID antibodies, but apparently was negative. I take it this isn’t great, does anyone know how bad it is? Should she proceed as if unvaccinated?

(Doesn’t really change anything for now, but if even when everyone has had the shots she still ‘hasn’t’ that’s going to be really sad)

Tested negative yesterday after my close encounter, have 1st shot of Pfizer scheduled Monday morning damn it feels good

21 Likes

The last year has flown by for me, but waiting to get the vaccine now every day is a fucking eternity. Also, it doesn’t seem like production has ramped up as much as they have said it would, or is that not until April?

3 Likes