COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

I know of people who drove to NY from out of state to get vaccinated. Think were age eligible there but not in MA. Given they were 65+ Im not sure that I care.

I am assuming that the next two months will probably be some of the hardest mentally for me. Thanks to some preexisting conditions I should be ā€œeligibleā€ starting on March 1st. But ā€œeligibleā€ only means that I get to play the internet registration lottery with hundreds of thousands of other newly eligible DC residents. They only post appointments one week at a time, so if the appointments fill up before I can get one the first week, Iā€™ll have to rinse and repeat every week until I get lucky. Feels like the biggest one time of my life so far.

4 Likes

Too kind, thank you.

I may have found an alternate way. Out of the blue, a company in Illinois contacted me and contracted me to fill in a role for 3-4 months (at my full con$ulting rate). Its fermentation related to food production and sounds like if I canā€™t get it here in PA by the time they need me to come to Chicago later in March, I could get it there as a ā€œfood production workerā€.

3 Likes

Wow, it doesnā€™t matter what the official rules say, so you should feel no ethical dilemma. Its horrible how we have treated the incarcerated and the prison workers. You getting it is a good necessary thing.

The place that had the clinic today is a low-income community medical clinic. Iā€™m going to donate to them to offset my ethical dilemma.

I did talk to the most moral and ethic person I know and she said it was okay for me to get it. Sheā€™s the one that I would expect would give me a ration of guilt if it wasnā€™t okay.

1 Like

not just skin tone, anything darker makes it harder.

2 Likes

what other dark matter do you enviage may a user put within a pulse oximeter? Iā€™m sure not many are wearing an oximeter with a gloves

Tattoos.

17 Likes

Gotcha. tiny tatts on the ends of fingers, otherside of the nail.

Surely any half decent user manual covers not having the finger end dipped in mud when this $30 chinese shipped pulse guestimator does itā€™s business (great though they are)

I think Iā€™m with ya :)

Do you get a reading from a thingy?

Nice job @MrWookie

nail polish, shock, bad hypoxia, lots of things.

YOU CANT TAKE OFF MY NAIL POLISH!!!

2 Likes

In Fulton County GA you can now register for the vaccine by simply ā€œVerifyingā€ that youā€™re over 65, a caregiver, or a first responder etc.

https://fultoncountyboh.jotform.com/210476710728961

Iā€™ll give you nail polish - if i have bad hypoxia or shock Iā€™m not instareaching for my oximeter

I think I had to provide information to prove residency but I donā€™t remember.

They actually linked me to my medical records at a hospital portal which is how I manage my appointment now and I didnā€™t give them anything specific like that.

Took the wife to get her first dose today. They did not verify her eligibility in any way. Pretty quick efficient process, I was pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

This is one way to change the voting demographics.

https://twitter.com/drewlinzer/status/1364336878313295873?s=21