COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Your data does not support your conclusion.

I can only hate the people so much who are trying to scam their way to early vaccinations. I mean, fuck, at least theyā€™re taking the pandemic seriously. Itā€™s a scummy act that nevertheless elevates you above like at least 25% of the country.

2 Likes

The more I read about Covid the more I realize that having literally everyone in the world concentrating 60% of their time thinking about something does approximately nothing to solve or understand the problem better. Just read like 10 articles on Covid reinfection and the best source I could find quoted a doctor who said it was ā€˜rare and uncommonā€™ wtf. Its either rare or uncommon but these things are mutually exclusive. Can we get a 2nd opinion?

Disagree. Definitely not mutually exclusive.

All rare things are uncommon, but not all uncommon things are rare.

2 Likes

And it might even elevate you more than that. Iā€™m sure that there are likely individual factors that may push someoneā€™s risk higher (or lower) than whatever category their state has them in.

Obviously it would be inefficient for the state to evaluate each person individually, so they have to make categories and they will be imperfect. If someone reasonably believes they are at higher risk than average for their category, then Iā€™d be much more understanding of them trying to scam a jab.

Having said that, it seems very likely that was not the motivation of the women described in the article.

Magic cards are either rare or uncommon, but not both in the same set. Checkmate.

2 Likes

Merriam Webster defines rare as ā€œseldom occurring or found : UNCOMMONā€

Iā€™d say the common usage is that Rare is less common than Uncommon, and therefore @Melkerson is basically correct, but its like saying something is both cold and freezing. Saying its cold is extraneous and doesnā€™t add any additional descriptor, just like saying uncommon AND rare. Duh its uncommon, you just described it as rare, which is rarer than uncommon.

1 Like

I had my 2nd Moderna on Wednesday. All Iā€™ve had was milder shoulder ache than after my first jab.

14 Likes

Pandemic is over folks. Stopped to get some takeout tonight and the place was full of indoor diners. Unreal.

1 Like

Come to Florida bro, every restaurant is packed. The state is living up to its reputation for stupid.

2 Likes

All of a sudden people are coming into the ER again and demanding their family comes in with them

Yea Alabama has been like this for weeks, not sure it ever stopped really, maybe for a short period like last March

1 Like

All the white people in this topic are getting vaccinated fast as hell.

1 Like

I wish. My dad is 69 and still not eligible.

Well, also, giving it to household members. I still havenā€™t figured out wtf it is you are supposed to do once you test positive? imagine if the government had a plan for that. like a hotel staffed by young healthy people who have already tested positive and recovered.

~200,000 case a day for monthsā€¦ how long has it been since you got takeout?

Iā€™m in Lower Alabama (the panhandle), same shit exactly.

1 Like

We get restaurant food once per week. Itā€™s our way of providing some local support.

Most places have curbside pickup. This place does usually but the snow banks screwed that up this week.

1 Like