COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

I thought about making a joke about your parents not knowing what text messages are but thought I’d better not.

No. 45 and healthy. I entered all my demographic and medical history in the system during registration.

New Mexico

Ha! We called and asked if they received a text before guiding them through the scheduling process.

Congrats. Hope they don’t make you schlepp out there and then decide not to jab for some reason.

Thanks. I figure that if for some reason they turn me around that’s OK. But I really want our parents to get it.

1 Like

So during Week 1 of 2021, the Czech Republic vaccinated…

19,918 people.

By the end of the year, we’ll have 1035736 people vaccinated (depending on the second shot that is).

That’s slightly below 10% of the country’s population. Yeah, this is gonna work out for us :frowning:

At some point you should be able to just pop over to Germany or somewhere, right?

I assume you have to have proof of insurance from Germany. I had to show mine to get an antigen test in the CR.

These numbers. I’ll run vs my models next week. All the weird reporting lags should be done and caught up.

https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1348071687963766787?s=21

13.1% nationwide. That has to be pretty close to a high also right?

I mean, I think we might have had some hundred percent days back at the start, but that’s very high for May or later.

Looked at Oregon, which had been doing pretty well all things considered, at least trending down. Nope, pretty bad couple of days lately. Looks like the Christmas and New Year’s cases are coming in.

1 Like

Well shit.

My 18 year old just got a job and starts next Thursday.

Let us know how super Covid is. Just kidding. Hope you all stay safe.

I’m really nervous. We have done really well for almost a year now and I’m afraid this is going to fuck things up right before we get access to the vaccine.

Fuck

What kind of a job is it?

Food service. Fast food place

If it’s just about money I would offer to just pay them to not work if that is an option. If that isn’t an option then maybe just get them a n95 mask or something if they don’t have one.

Yeah, I’m trying to figure out options. Hes ready to move out but doesnt have money to do so.

What is the vaccine situation in your state? Waiting a month or two vs. maybe 6-7 months would probably make a difference for me. You could help them get a place too, that way the rest of your family doesn’t have the constant exposure.