COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

This seemed to be the week when all the middle / upper middle class white folks I know in DC got tired of waiting on the city and decided to drive long distances to get shots in other jurisdictions. MD, PA, OH, if you had a small town CVS with next day appointment availability, the Beltway wfh class was coming for you.

Somewhat ironically (in the Alanis Morisette sense), at least half of the people subsequently received emails from the DC gov the next day saying that they had been selected in the pre-registration lottery and could go ahead and schedule a local appointment.

1 Like

This guy drove from Philly burbs to small town Ohio. Guilty as charged. Though PA is still on 1A (and I’m 1A) and Ohio is open to anyone 40+ and maybe 18+ now.

1 Like

Those two nurses only had one cup.

4 Likes

If you want to know how variants are spreading round the US…

No.

3 Likes

No reason to be a dick, and wrong too

3 Likes

Principal Skinner: Could it be the conservative covid skeptics who hate masks, won’t stay home, and won’t get vaccinated who are responsible for spreading the new variants?

No, it is the people who want to get vaccinated who are at fault

6 Likes

At least skinner actually believed in what he says

Basically like covid but not covid.

I’m sure travel spreads the covid…read it somewhere

@worstof

3 Likes

LOL at doubling down on this. Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Welp, entire family I know (3 kids ranging from 5-16, both parents) tested pozz thanks to two of the kids traveling by vehicle with another family to a school sporting event 2 hours away, and then spreading it to the entire household. Cool.

1 Like

oops

Haven’t heard a lot about a backlog but from a couple of anecdotal examples from the past week it seemed like it wasn’t too hard to get a vaccine. My parents have shot #1 of Pfizer at Swedish Covenant in the next hour

3 Likes

I’ve been told children won’t spread this disease, tho.

5 Likes

I was all cued up to take a train for shot #2, but now I’m driving because the Amtrak schedule doesn’t work and my pharmacy doesn’t have a provision for rescheduling.

2 Likes

Yes all travel is the same, whether it’s a car with 2 different families going to a sporting event or a car with a person going to get a vaccine

5 Likes

Are you trolling, or are you so uninformed about this subject that you think what was said there supports the baseless hypothesis you were peddling earlier?

1 Like

Porque no los dos?

2 Likes