COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

This is all good. I’m not shaming you for doing it.

I’m just saying maybe don’t throw stones at ViridianDreams who’s mostly just endangering himself and feels pretty stupid for doing it anyway.

The true isolators can throw stones at all of us.

Except for an ICU nurse getting a free coffee. Infinitesimal risk, hero, deserved.

Havent played a hand of live poker since March.

8 tabling zoom, the eye strain is real.

I cannot tell you how excited I am at the possibility of being able to wear a mask whenever I play live poker going forward.

Since I worked as a prop and am not a middle-aged Asian woman, I couldn’t do this. I was always sick. I am quite hopeful that masks will reduce how many days I spend hating life in bed and will give me more to spend hating life at the tables.

2 Likes

Really? Most people run marathons in 5-7 hrs. An elevated heart rate for that long causing damage shouldn’t be that surprising.

Neither of these things are true. He went to restaurants at least twice, then to a bar. He endangered everyone he encountered a couple days after the first restaurant trip. He also expressed that he did it because he needed interaction, but he lives in Florida where the weather is still great and could have found plenty of ways to interact with others without being in a crowded setting or indoors at all.

I certainly have not gotten the impression he feels stupid for it. Last I saw he was still saying he knew the risk and was fine with it.

Comparing this to doing the minimal amount of work I can do to cover my living expenses is ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/SamPancher/status/1339704422201483270?s=19

The first guy to run a marathon famously dropped dead at the end ffs.

4 Likes

This is because you are too caught up in your own self-righteousness to actually read people’s posts. Like, you’ve spilled probably a thousand words trying to justify why you play poker for a living to prove that you are not a net negative on society, when that was never what I said. I said your profession was a net negative on society, it is (you really need to be more honest with yourself about this, you ain’t Eddie Murphy, people aren’t playing poker because you are so entertaining, lol) but I explicitly said, at least once, that that doesn’t mean you are a bad person, and I even said I thought you were a decent guy, because my whole point is that person’s worth is not defined by a single decision, like to make a living sucking money off people that are dumber than them, or to go out to a bar during a pandemic.

7 Likes

People who fuck up love to talk about how the people who criticize them are diminishing their worth as a person or denying their humanity or something equally dramatic

This is day 2 of this shit now. Take it to the Festivus Airing of Grievances thread.

9 Likes

That was after righting in a battle and Instead of 26 miles he is supposed to have run 150+ twice before running from Marathon to Athens

Nobody likes hanging around with a child beauty pageant coach, so my flawless ethos for life holds :)

Question about vaccines. When I get the vaccine am I then safe? Like say it all goes well and I get the booster or whatever am I done worrying about covid the way I never worried about measles or does it rely on enough people around me getting jabbed too?

Every time Pence calls the vaccine a miracle I want to punch him in the face so hard. It’s science moron!

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/scottgottliebmd/status/1339635334934646784?s=21

1 Like