COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

American women have really gone downhill. When Anna Nicole Smith was 26 she married an 89-year-old billionaire.

1 Like

Errr well while women definitely have a harder time with doctors sometimes the real reason is that there’s no biological explanation that’s been proven and the symptoms are far better explained by just being depressed.

Using a face covering on public transport is mandatory, except for children under the age of 11 or those who are exempt for health or disability reasons.

A Transport for Greater Manchester spokesperson said: "Government guidance clearly states that this needn’t be a surgical mask, and that passengers can make their own or wear something suitable, such as a scarf or bandana.

While there is a small degree of interpretation that can be applied to this, we do not believe it extends to the use of snakeskin - especially when still attached to the snake.

3 Likes

Are there any counties with negative SDI spikes that correlate to a large college move-in week. High-low-high?

My wife’s ICU was down to 9 Covid patients as of last Monday as I posted here. She hasn’t worked until today since then. They now have 30 which is pretty close to the most they have ever had.

OPEN FOR SCHOOL BABY!

5 Likes

jfc, WAAF

From our middle school principal:

I have to be honest and let you know that we will do everything we can (one-way hallway traffic, maximize classroom space, etc.) but social distancing is not possible in our classrooms, hallways, or on our school buses. I want to be clear about this so that parents know what to expect. We are trending at approximately 75% of students returning F2F, which means we’ll have about 300 – 350 kids in each of our grade levels. Masks are required. We will have mask breaks as we walk outside to Connections and as we eat lunch. Otherwise, they will be required at all times, even in PE. Kids taking PE class, may want to bring a second mask in case their first mask becomes sweaty.

Was SDI ever a useful measure?

Like, suppose that social distancing and mask usage are complements - people choose to either go out with masks or stay home. In that case, we wouldn’t expect to see any relation between SDI and covid rates.

And if SDI responds to assessed covid risks, so that we only observe increased mobility and interactions when the assessed risk is low, we might even observe a negative relation between covid and observed social mobility.

I’ve never understood the point of looking at this SDI measure.

1 Like

It’s been a good directional indicator. Lots of movement (low SDI) sustained for days or a couple of weeks leads to a rise in cases.

It’s not formulaic- but nun has been pretty good predicted the next states/counties to have rises.

2 Likes

Refresh my memory on what general part of the country you’re in? No dox I promise lol.

OKC

1 Like

My recollection is that he’s lined up graphs after the fact that made it appear as if there were predictable outcomes. But I don’t recall any ex ante SDI predictions that turned out to be correct.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/stevepoliti/status/1306246416780664833?s=21

4 Likes

So it’s like Contagion. But worse.

Some of the worst-affected patients had only mild respiratory symptoms. “This was the brain being hit as their main disease,” says Zandi.

Given that there are now 28.2 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide, this could imply that between 10,000 and 50,000 people have experienced neurological complications.

Tests using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) often do not detect it there, despite their high sensitivity, and several studies have failed to find any virus particles in the cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds the brain and spinal cord (see, for example, ref. 10)10. One reason might be that the ACE2 receptor, a protein on human cells that the virus uses to gain entry, is not expressed much in brain cells.

You know, now that I’ve thought about it, I’ve done zero lumbar punctures looking for meningitis in these patients. My focus has been 100% on cardiovascular, respiratory and endocrine (specifically diabetic ketoacidosis).

Wonder if I’ve been missing some stuff. Not like I would be able to do anything about it though.

2 Likes

Duh. Just some inject some bleach into the spinal fluid.

Doctors don’t know anything. Google it.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1306249182307659777?s=20

1 Like

There were football activities at Rutgers?

2 Likes

Holy shitcakes 1,293 cases before 6:30 pm in the Czech Republic.

Last Wednesday, there were 1,158 cases for the entire day

Indoor activites of more than ten people have been banned. That kills BJJ I guess.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/1306292727588499456?s=20

david simon for president

6 Likes

To be fair: it is kind of hard to hold Trump to the standard of knowing what he said or heard five months ago. He just performs as expected here.

1 Like