COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1304902695812096000?s=21

Go Green!

3 Likes

Snort white! :grin:

1 Like

Trial resumes

1 Like

Time for nominations for a new thread title.

Trump vaccine vs anti-vaxxers: Watch heads explode!

Chapter 6: We’ll Get Through This

Covid Goes to College

20 Likes

That’s going to be tough to beat.

Chapter 6: The End of the First Wave

Where have you been? We’re already into the third.

Third part of the first wave. This third part will be the worst it gets and that will conclude the first wave.

I’m not sure what your definition of “wave” is, but I don’t think it’s possible to square yours with mine.

Cases have to get down to a low number to be a wave. See Europe. We never did that and I think it’s very bad to act like there has been more than one wave. We’re in the third part of a tsunami because our country never allowed the first wave to break. The best we ever had was a plateau.

Edited to Add Graph to Illustrate:

2 Likes

Chapter 6: All the water is draining out of the harbor for some reason, what could it mean?

2 Likes

so many anti-vaxxers are granola types. Pretty weird community tbh

Southeastern Coronavirus: It Just Means More

1 Like

6 Likes

Sentiment turning against lockdown in Melbourne I feel. All my friends, ordinarily mildly smart people, are complaining about unnecessary economic damage of ‘draconian’ measures. Eventually 90-95% people speak with their wallets. It’s just a simple fact.

Yup, this is exactly what I expect. We might just start to flatten the college/school surge, then everyone will be like “Oh it’s okay again?” just in time for Thanksgiving, and we’ll surge again from an even higher plateau. Maybe widespread testing being available could save us?

But of course if the surge is bad enough to crush testing, that’s out. I’m hoping to be able to use testing to do a Friendsgiving and a Thanksgiving without everyone having to quarantine for more than a few days… we’ll see. If it’s not available, it’ll be quarantine for all or eat turkey alone.