COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Republicans say that the expanded benefit incentivizes people not to work

Wow, did you guys figure that one out all on your own?

and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called it “a mistake” on Tuesday.

Letting unemployment explode is probably a bigger mistake electorally but I guess they’re willing to gamboooool.

1 Like

I knew something looked wrong but didn’t spot it, lol.

1 Like

Well, most of the Czech Republic is mask-free. Exceptions are Prague where masks must be worn on subways and the northeast which is dealing with an outbreak needs to wear them anywhere outdoors and inside any public area.

A farewell to coronavirus party was held at Charles Bridge where a massive table of food stretched across the bridge with seating for 2,000 people. Despite the fact that there were just 3 new cases in Prague yesterday, going there seemed like a bad idea.

When I was in grad school in the 80s, we were given this explanation, which is similar to Durkheim’s concept of “anomie,” for why suicides seemed to increase in the Spring.

1 Like

The virus should be gone by 2 days from everything I’ve read.

You can also leave it in the sun to help disinfect. But eventually the sun will break down the mask (as will normal wear).

1 Like

I’m thinking we hit 50k today.

I dunno. I can report from my mom who is an avid right wing news consumer that there is, according to her, a large segment of the population very angry that people are making more to not work than they would be to work.

I will be shocked if the Republicans in the Senate ever agree to extend the extra $600.

1 Like

I think this as well.

So you are saying the Greenpeace needs to crank out a virus every year for 30 years?

1 Like

Of course the the real problem is the 600/week is a raise from the regular income.

7 Likes

It still protects other people after they get the Rona which is the main point of them anyways.

1 Like

I mean obviously not but it seems the AM Radio/Fox News/OAN propaganda machine has been beating that drum for a while. I very much doubt Mitch is going to agree to extend it. At least not at 600/week.

NYC being smart and not reopening for indoor dining Monday as planned, sounds like.

1 Like

Got my haircut today. Had to be done—whether I return to work in person or have to apply for a new job I can’t look like a college stoner either way.

Took my temp when I went in. All employees required to wear masks but not customers (though most did).

Was super crowded. The woman cutting my hair bitches about the government forcing her to wear a mask. Didn’t get into it. I did ask her to re-cover her nose after it slid down and she didn’t fix it though and she did so without issue.

Fingers crossed I’m safe

Hopefully

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/1278334289134977026?s=20

2 Likes

Pence was technically correct. The first wave never really ended so there has been no second wave. That little dip was nothing.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Trump will be pushing to extend benes by the end of next week. It’s his only hope (other than cheating)

1 Like

Caveat: Sweden

3 Likes

I’m telling you guys, it’s all about these T cells.

1 Like