COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

I was born in Montenegro so I can go back whenever. My family has a house over there in the mountains near the adriatic sea and my grandparents and a lot of other family are still over there. My grandparents have chickens, 3 cows and a couple of goats as well as a lot of crops that they grow. We also have a lot of land that we can grow a lot of stuff on with a huge selection of things that can grow in the climate there. It’s more of an off the grid type of lifestyle (more appealing by the day) but I have talked to a lot of my cousins in the US about moving back over there and starting a little commune of sorts, would probably try and get micro to come and do solar over there if I became more serious about the idea lol.

For now I can still do some good over here and things I fight for over here would have a much bigger world impact than anything I would be able to do back home

7 Likes

Absolutely the case. I’ve been saying for a few weeks that all of the people who are freaking out about staying home have never faced any kind of real adversity in their lives. They just don’t have the mental tools to handle being inconvenienced in the slightest way, let alone in big ways.

Add in the propaganda/brainwashing, and the majority of people not being able to understand math and science… and here we are. Open for business.

1 Like

Once we’re past COVID, Micro’s gonna have a pretty sweet life touring the world in exchange for his solar/schoolie services.

2 Likes

I mean can I go there if you aren’t going to?Sounds pretty sweet, just hope there’s somewhere to plug in some video games.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that for Ms. T’s sake and yours, I feel very little sympathy for the people out protesting but I feel terrible for the people who love them.

5 Likes

Speaking of this, does anybody have KY unemployment numbers? Could Mitch’s refusal to even hear of extending UI benefits lead to his ouster?

“I’m going out, you can stay in if you want. I’m not wearing a mask, you can if you want. It’s a personal choice!”

Also… Allow me to harass you and chant “Take it off,” like a belligerently drunk frat boy at Mardi Gras.

1 Like

USA has 5% of the world population and 30% of cases. And it’s going to get much worse from here.

As much as I think we’re pretty smart here, we aren’t that smart, and we called shit in mid March.

4 Likes

To be fair, BWI always looks like that. Such an easy airport to fly into/out of.

3 Likes

Is shit like this happening in literally any other country?

No way in hell they’re going to let the lazy, ahem, “people” in the blue states get more unemployment than the, umm, “true Americans” get in the red states.

This doesn’t surprise me, but like what are the mechanics of this physically happening? Just doctors and administrators being straight up racist about who they call over to arrange to have airlifted?

Well she rightly new that she was most infectious in the 2 days before symptoms. So once she got symptoms - YOLO.

https://twitter.com/MrRJHolland/status/1263623651074719745

2 Likes

Pretty much both Mitch and Lyndsey. But mostly Lyndsey.

Brazil

3 Likes

It’s recent, there are masks. Imagine being smart enough to know you needed a mask, and still going out in that crowd…

How about the woman front and center? It rendered hers into a chin strap. Amazing lens!

1 Like

Yeah I get all of that, I meant specifically with getting airlifted or not to a hospital with open ICU beds.

Off to a (hopefully) quiet little state park for a hike tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it is. Masks will be packed but hopefully we won’t need other than maybe the parking area.

That’s our big weekend plans other than doing little projects around the house.

Tomorrow is Day 14 from the Cheesecake Fiasco. Feeling good about fading the virus after that stupidity.

So far my Dad and GF have stayed in check since getting back to Michigan though I worry they will start to see her big local family. So far only 17 confirmed cases in the county. They are next to the county with the big flood so I worry there could be some spread going on.

6 Likes

I hope anyone who has a sweater/sweatshirt tied around their neck in 2020 gets the Covid.

Allegedly.

1 Like