COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Have you been on Cruise Critic lately? It’s amazing how much in denial they are. NCL didn’t cancel their September Alaskan cruises despite there being no legal way for them to sail, and everyone’s getting excited that THEY will be the ones to get to reenact the Diamond Princess.

1 Like

But how much are they self-weighting?

1 Like

Been out camping in Santa Fe National Forest for 3 days with no cell service. Looks like the nuclear meltdown many of us have been predicting is here. Crazy AF numbers.

6 Likes

Guess what those 6 staffers that tested positive were doing?

Handing out masks

2 Likes

Is this real?

Yea LOL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/steelekelly/status/1274411143608426497

8 Likes

DON’T EAT THE BROWN ACID!

3 Likes

This is so important. Inside + no masks + prolonged time is what really matters. It basically creates a covid cloud that people can’t escape.

Shaming for anything outdoors really should stop. Beaches, golf, protests, parks, and outdoor restaurants all seem to be plenty safe and should be encouraged.

Conversely, shaming for indoor activities should be higher. Going to an indoor restaurant, for example, seems asinine to me. Lots of people in an enclosed space with no masks yelling loudly over the music? No effing thanks.

Most people I know seem to get that outside is safer than inside, but are vastly underrating how big the difference is.

(Also, finally knowing the main method of transmission is great, but it really does not bode well for the Fall).

3 Likes

Hey Churchill:

How about

never have so many died for so few for no good reason

1 Like

Since you already had intimate contact via the bottle I hope you PUA’d her. Details please. In for a penny in for a poundi…

Covid trip report from NM. Almost everything closed. Masks required to get in most places even gas stations. I wonder why they have 30x less Covid than their neighbor Arizona.

4 Likes

Onion.

3 Likes

For a non N95 masks, my unscientific guess would be something that has a metal clip for the bridge of the nose. Something to force the mask onto the gap between your nose and cheek. That seems to be the area of concern for N95s.

1 Like

This is hands down the most representative tweet of the entire Trump Presidency.

1 Like

I live in NM and it’s been nice to see how the response from the State leadership has been able to mostly control the spread of the virus (outside of the Navajo nation area, which is sad because it’s the poorest area in NM).

Even though the Governor and the congressional delegation are all democrats, there’s a good 40-45% of the population who are republicans/libertarians/deplorables, and they are PISSED at how Gov. Lujan-Grisham has handled COVID-19 with (gasp!) mandatory non-essential business closures, large gatherings restrictions, mandatory mask wearing, and a measured phased reopening.

Coming from Oklahoma my wife and I have both commented several times about how coming to NM to just hike and camp for a few days has made us feel less crazy about taking this seriously even though our only contact with other people was getting gas and a grocery store. Great to see and I would be on board for Luhan-Grisham as VP.

2 Likes

Hardcore History?

Though it’s hard to call that regular listening given that there’s one episode every 3 months

1 Like

I’d rather she’s not picked as VP candidate for a very selfish reason: I want her to be NM’s governor for another 6 years.

2 Likes

The Rogan crowd is those who peaked in high school yet have the same unwavering confidence

3 Likes

I’ve been searching online for a cloth mask with this feature, if anyone has recommendations.