COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

March 15th :grin:

Still debating getting an oxygen concentrator…

CPAP machines are where it is at.

They may be better than ventilators for this disease but they spread the virus so can’t be used in hospitals, but at home it may be better than going to hospital.

That may be how we get through this in the end; everyone gets a home cpap machine that they can use instead of going to the hospital.

Won’t help those who get clots or other covid issues, but for lung issues it may be what works best. Cpap in a recliner or in a prone position.

2 Likes

Since we are speculating, I wonder if cpap plus moderate oxygen enrichment (23% is the safety level??) might do a lot of good.

Hyperbaric chambers?

Glad to hear you’re doing ok! Was my assumption fairly accurate? (That it’s a lot easier for a nurse or non-specialized doctor to administer the same quality of care with HFNCs than with a vent.)

Seems pretty significant if that’s something that’s not only more effective but also easier to do. UP has speculated at times that one of the problems is that even if there are enough vents to go around, there aren’t enough respiratory docs to be adjusting the settings optimally as often as needed.

Maybe you want to ask @Will1530? He actually works long hours so he kind of skims this thread.

1 Like

Ordered my oximeter amazon prime March 13th delivered March 19th

I waited too long and bought them when they were out of stock and was super pissed at myself at the time but it only took a few extra days to arrive.

I ordered my pulse ox on March 6.

Lol

1 Like

I have CPAP, but no oxygen for it. No clue how much one would need or how that would be fitted to the machine. Anyone know? I do have the heated humidifier box with it, which seems good for this.

I hope you brought receipts!

Apparently I got took on price though.

1 Like

It’s possible to get machines that can enrich O2 out of air. If they can be combined with cpap IDK.

1 Like

This guy needs to go

2 Likes

I must have gotten tipped off by you then, I guess? I remember reading that first big study in China, and discussing it here - couldn’t remember who thought of the pulse ox being the way to go.

If we were running the country, we’d have < 1,000 current cases, be safely reopening by now, and < 1,000 deaths probably.

1 Like

I ordered masks and hand sanitizer January 27th.

1 Like

Debating buying some nicotine patches now. A long shot they help, but if it does, they will be gone, and if it doesn’t pan out I can gift them to someone I know that smokes.

1 Like

I got talked out of masks early, ordered mine 3/2. I started stockpiling in late-February and locked down on 3/9 IIRC. Everyone in real life thought I was nuts every step of the way.

My thoughts, basically. Bought em the other day.

https://twitter.com/MHoffmam/status/1254522628926103552

Um my roomate who spends her entire life outside drove by this protest today with her boyfriend, to check out the scene they claim, but c’mon they were probably there honking their horn in support of these idiots! Not only that but they didn’t take her car they decided to hop on his scooter?!?! Like they just went to a drive thru coronavirus receiving site thanks guys really smart. maybe we just open the beaches and let every moron go there and give each other coronavirus to teach them a lesson and build to that herd immunity? could be an idea.

My dog is going to be in desperate need of a haircut before the heat sets in. Any update on the spread to dogs? Mobile groomers are still in business which I considered.