COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

This woman is more than just a garden variety anti-vaxxer. She’s a “sovereign citizen.” Those are those militia/white supremacist type groups.

2 Likes

I hope someone asked him if they will issue medical discharge certificates to the dead.

I went into a Walmart in Ohio today. Masked and gloved up. I was a bit surprised that probably only 1/3 or less of the shoppers had masks on. And even more surprising/depressing, I don’t think I saw a single worker with a mask on.

Edit: I actually think the older guy wiping down carts at the entrance had a mask on now that I think about it.

Trying to derail a couple of other derails…

Picking up some new skills on the grill during quarantine. Delicious.

5 Likes

We have a whole topic dedicated to cooking.

1 Like

@suzzer99 My brother sent me this video describing why prone position is helpful for covid patients. Even with no medical background I thought it was easy to follow.

I got news for you, the states that went ahead March 17th are going to be much easier to vote in than the ones voting in June. Like half the reason for going ahead was because sooner was safer than later.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1250174092751376385?s=21

Narrator: The results did not lead to a better understanding of coronavirus’ spread.

2 Likes

Bernie of Bernie and Phyl’s succumbed to coronavirus

Quality, comfort and price - that’s nice

1 Like

Doesn’t directly reponsd, but it’s relevant info.

https://twitter.com/sjmichaels/status/1249771202509287424?s=20

biden said it was safe to vote if you didn’t have any symptoms. can’t seem to recall anyone talking about it being safer now rather than later. glad we killed fewer people when we could have moved to mail voting. can i have some of what you’re smoking

4 Likes

In case you were wondering why the marketplace is unaffordable for EMTs, that guy would be lucky to be making $15 an hour.

JFC

"New York City added thousands of people to its coronavirus death toll to account for victims who died in recent weeks without a confirmed diagnosis.

The additional deaths – totaling 3,778 – pushed the city’s total to more than 10,000. Almost 60% of them died as they awaited care inside hospital emergency rooms, the city reported."

site isn’t letting me link, but from Bloomberg

Iowa had it’s biggest daily increase today. Up to ~120 total in my county

One of those grayed our states on the map indicating theyve done next to nothing. South Dakota and our bacon supply getting hammered.

Literally all we’ve done is close bars, nail/hair salons and gyms. Restaurants are carryout only. That’s it.

… most non-emergency healthcare, sports and entertainment, construction, travel…

DOH!

The South? Or Rust Belt?