COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

My default assumption on Lynchburg would have been Virginia. Not sure why. Just googled and there is one apparently.

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1247196545260363776?s=19

Our elected officials are misinformed, no way!?!

Lynchburg, VA is the home of Liberty University (i.e., Falwell country). That’s probably why most people think of it.

1 Like

Thoughts? I feel like I’m conditioned at this point to believe that this isn’t actually as charitable of an act as it sounds like.

Yeah, that’s probably it.

1 Like

A) I’ll believe it when I see it and B) “billionaires shouldn’t exist” is a systemic critique, not a series of individual moral judgements. Are the proposed actions necessary? Then isn’t it damning of the system as a whole that their being carried out is at the whim of some private individual, even if this one time the whimsy is favourable?

6 Likes

Had to catch public transport today.

3 people on the tram. Well spaced out. Then this old lady gets on. Stands right behind me talking on her phone where she announces “I’m on my way to cello practice”

What the actual fuck lady.

Redeeming points for the leopard print.

7 Likes

Used to think of Glasgow Man stories as the Florida Man of the UK.

2 Likes

Confirmed U.S. cases over 400,000 now. Confirmed deaths from COVID about to hit 13,000.

You just made those places up!

Hey! They are just proud of their heritage! They don’t care for the hate.

2 Likes

If he wanted to help he could boot coronavirus conspiracy theory morons from his website. And Trump.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Oof.

Oh man.

2 Likes

It’s in the bill, it’s just that the normal forms reject gig workers.

States are either

A. Go ahead and file, get denied, then we will figure it out on appeal

B. Don’t file yet. We will tell you when. Check back tomorrow. Rinse and Repeat n times

1 Like

I’d guess all the southern states have some from of Lynchburg, Lynchtown, Gonelynching, Lynchville, Lyncylyncylynch, or wahatever.

9 Likes

France has a town called “Death to the Jews”.

Sort of knew the news about John Prine was coming but still sad to hear it. He was still performing until pretty recently afaik.

1 Like

Kansas City has a suburb called White Haven.

1 Like