Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Perhaps I am overstating. This is the quote.

Volker Gerdts, CEO and Director of VIDO-InterVac, told CJWW that everything learned from the first SARS outbreak gives the researchers an idea of what the vaccine will have to look like.

He also added that as they are now a few weeks away from finishing research stages, he is positive the vaccine will work.

1 Like

This is a brilliant idea!

I say we turn @Trolly thread into this idea and I’ll do a bunch of pasting.

2 Likes

LETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

4 Likes

No, I read the link too and I think he’s overconfident. Maybe one of our research bio guys will comment.

2 Likes

was just freaking out now because I just sanitized a bunch of shit using some busto ass 7/11 brand wipes I bought the other day (only ones not sold out anywhere.) Just checked the label and that was the only active chemical used in it. SCORE

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1238234456588201985

2 Likes

That’s apparently a fancy way of saying benzalkonium chloride. Some have that AND alcohol, though. Those are probably the best ones if they have both.

15 Likes

Ugh, sorry to hear that. It’s still better than nothing, though.

To add to this promising news, here is GOAT mayor of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Charlie Clark, always a paragon of reasonableness, responding to questions in the city’s COVID-19 thread after the first suspected case was announced:

1 Like

“That assay is not even FDA approved”

I spit out my coffee LOL

1 Like

I read up a bunch around the coronavirus vaccine stuff a while back. I’m not a doctor or researcher, but my impression was that the science behind these vaccines was super established and we’ll understood.

I.e. the mechanisms they are using to create antibodies are very straightforward. It’s just the whole process of testing that it works, scaling up, etc that takes time.

1 Like

Right now the corporatist side of the corporatist-fascist axis is covering for our pathetic government. It’s entirely possible that the canceling of events by private and profit-driven public entities, combined with warming weather and a little luck, will keep this from getting bad. The boomer trumpkins are “right” again insofar we should continue as normal so the pandemic is as destructive as possible.

1 Like

So the ones I have with AI benzalkonium chloride say on the package that the kill coronaviruses on hard surfaces within 2 minutes. Maybe they just don’t work well as hand sanitizers? I mean hopefully the product labeling is accurate. (lol at me thinking a labeling statement could never be wrong.)

1 Like

Stop wasting your money oxygen meters and thermometers.

https://jazzteamstore.com/association-swingman-jersey-mensappareljerseys-utah-jazz-mitchell-donovan-white-nike/

My wife’s great-aunt, who’s 94, lives in a retirement home and depends on my wife to get her stuff, of course picks today to tell her she’s out of toilet paper. As if we need that stress right now.

1 Like

Not great. Fever won’t come down. Throat is basically sandpaper, my son is coughing 24/7.

Called the hotline they said i should die at home.

16 Likes

False.

1 Like

Well if that’s true, then instead of wasting trillions of dollars trying to stabilize the markets, the US govt should work with multiple different vaccine researches and start scaling ALL of them right now at risk. Then expedite safety and efficacy testing (assign teams of FDA officials to work in hand with the clinical people to accomplish this), and as soon as one or more have approval you already have large amounts of vaccine available. Any true leader with half a brain would be thinking like this.

1 Like

5 Likes