Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The hardest hit nation per capita is Italy, with 350 cases for every 1-million-in-population.

1 Like

Seems…not great

The mayor passed an emergency resolution requiring testing of city employees that meet certain conditions. Don’t know if they would be able to force testing on others, but I think increasing access to testing is really helpful.

A drive through testing station opened today in New Rochelle, the hardest hit area in Westchester, and it processed over 250 people. They will be opening another drive through station on Long Island soon.

1 Like

I look forward to CDC and health leaders in front of congress telling us they don’t know how many beds and ventilators are available, they don’t know why they don’t know, and they can’t say when they will know.

1 Like

2 Likes

Horror movies where all the characters do incredibly dumb shit to put themselves in danger aren’t unrealistic after all.

32 Likes

Yeah addiction is a bitch. I know some alcoholics who are been intubated for so long they end up with a tracheotomy so they have a chance to wean off the ventilator. Then a month later they are back and going through withdrawals again.

I just drove through some bits of metro LA. Activity in Koreatown looked pretty normal - could see lots of people in coffee shops. Then drove through a very hispanic-heavy neighborhood (Westlake) and there were crowds on the sidewalk, street vendors, etc, as per normal. Sat at a red light next to a food vendor serving up pupusas and horchada using their bare hands.

1 Like

and evil leaders who only have self interest.

Gotta say the writers are gearing up for a gripping finale. Of course he is negative the first time. Can’t kill the villain yet…

Police put to good use. Nice.

2 Likes

This is awesome news

Lots of discussion on what to do about AA meetings with my sober fellows. Some big meetings have shut down completely. Some are trying to go virtual. Some, as far as I know, are business as usual. One of my regular meetings is tomorrow morning in downtown LA. It’s very small, usually about a dozen people, so I’m currently leaning toward going. I’m definitely not hugging anybody or holding anybody’s hand, two things that are typically common occurrences.

1 Like

Like watching a blond walking in the woods in a horror movie. GET OUT OF THERE! IT’S COMING!

3 Likes

True. But I never posted that.

Sam Harris knows fuck all.

3 Likes

Well that came from the other guy. His math seemed pretty decent.

1 Like

I can’t tell you how many times my Mom has said my uncle is not drinking anymore.

The last time I talked to him he was in the memory care place (although by far the most lucid there - he was doing favors for everyone - it was like one flew over the cuckoo’s nest). He basically talked like he was waiting to die. I’m like Mike - you’re 68 years old.

2 Likes

I’ll wait for Joe Rogan to weigh in, thank you very much.

1 Like

The library is the backbone for so many vulnerable people. What a rough time to be down and out in LA county.

4 Likes