Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Gotta keep those sanctions up, though.

I’m gonna guess this is pronounced “pre SHEFF ski.”

3 Likes

Clorox, Campbells Soup, Kimberly Clark

1 Like

Just call him Coach P

1 Like

i can understand going to work but you people posting about going to kids gymnastic meets and shit, why the hell would you do that

1 Like

Divorce lawyers. There are going to be a lot of married couples who will have to spend an unprecedented amount of time with each other and will figure out that they don’t like like their spouse.

3 Likes

I might have just realized why the Senate doesn’t want to vote. Grunching, so sorry if someone else already posted this.

We know officially that Ted Cruz, Rick Scott, Lindsey Graham are self-isolating. Are they doing so in DC or at home? It’s possible there are others that haven’t announced it publicly. It’s possible that if they allow a vote, there will be more Democratic senators present than Republicans. Even just without those three it’s 50-47, and two defectors swings the vote. Someone like Gardner in CO who is desperate to shake up his race could go moderate and vote with Democrats.

Crazy to think about what could happen as time goes on. There could be votes in the Senate with like 90 senators present and voting.

3 Likes

800+ infected with a population of 5 million. We’re fourth in the world by infected per million right now (tested numbers of course). But yes, happy our authorities pulled the trigger, even if it’s a couple of days too late.

1 Like

I feel more than a little cognitive dissonance when I think about this. It’s a moment of absurd empathy.

Why is it absurd empathy? Because the way we feel about coronavirus is how Fox viewers felt about the caravan. Because the way we were like “LOL stop freaking out about imaginary threats” is how they feel about every medical expert across the country saying this is a catastrophic pandemic.

3 Likes

3.5 40+ men’s here and I’m not shaking anybody’s hand regardless. A month before our season I haven’t heard if they’ve stopped the winter indoor season yet.

It’s taken two years for the X-Men spinoff The New Mutants to make it to theaters, and the movie has now been pulled from its most recent release date of April 3 due to public health concerns regarding COVID-19.

This movie is never making it to theaters

1 Like

Cintas came this week and installed about 30 hand sanitizer stations around the building. PM for prices.

1 Like

I had to complain to get the ones in my building brought back into working order.

The only thing doubling faster than the virus is this fuckin’ thread.

15 Likes

Damn, really expected a dick joke after that intro

Almost time for a new thread.

COVID-19 2: Electric Superflu

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/gloriagaynor/status/1237412762869006336

Almost perfect, but I think we gotta go:

SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

12 Likes

Yeah, nearly 1000 posts in the last 24 hours alone.

It’s really incredible how much better this forum is than 2+2 for fast moving threads like this.

A+ job to the people that made this place possible.

18 Likes

Fuck that’s perfect, I want to like it more than once