Coronavirus and Kids: A Thread for Parents

Wow really? My kid loves it and I do too. Doesn’t dry out. Easy to vacuum up. Makes lots of cool shapes.

Oh I think it’s really cool too. We made about 100 sand castles today together. But just had to vent after finding way too much of it in the clean laundry basket. And we have old hard wood with spaces between some boards that the vacuum doesn’t want to get. At least it doesn’t stick or discolor stuff like play dough could.

FYI

While on lockdown, the author is also producing a weekly broadcast on The Gruffalo Facebook page, reading stories, poems and singing songs.

My eight year old keeps correcting me because I will ask how her “homework” is going. She keeps telling me it’s not homework its school work!

Our 19 month old loves Moana. Thankfully my wife and I do too, and after an estimated 40 billion viewings we’re still not sick of the songs yet. Are there any other movies out there (I know it’s subjective) where you haven’t tired of the songs after infinite viewings?

And we know children under 2 aren’t supposed to have screen time, but shit is out the window with this situation. We’re still going outside as much as we can and doing all kinds of other crap, but sometimes two full-time job parents have to work at the same time.

1 Like

Tangled’s songs are pretty pleasant and acceptable on multiple rewatches

1 Like

Moana was our fave back in the day too, after that maybe you could try ‘Sing’.

1 Like

Dammit, just from reading these last few posts, I now have “You’re Welcome” in my head.

(it’s a pretty great song)

1 Like

That’s actually a movie my wife and I enjoy… alone (not in that way, pervs). We tried to get her into it but besides the dog and all the amazing colors there’s not much for someone her age. Believe me when I say we will make it one of her favorite movies at some point though. It’s a classic imo.

1 Like

I like the dog’s point of view in both those babies talking to each other videos. Just a normal conversation to them.

For people with like 2 year olds, this is pretty normal - if they weren’t in preschool anyway. Sucks for the people with like 5-10 year olds who had gotten used to having them out of the house for 7 hours a day.

A good example of what not to do:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/gap4oq/aita_for_deleting_my_sons_minecraft_world/

1 Like

God, I really really doubt that post, not that there might be people out there that cruel, but that particular post sounds less like a “thing that actually happened” and more like somebody penning a story.

1 Like

Shit, my kids have been sleeping in most of the morning unless they have something specific that they need to be up for. I don’t care as long as they get their stuff done.

1 Like

There is reason to believe that kids should be sleeping in, especially teenagers.

1 Like

I hope you’re right.

1 Like

I assume 90% of the AITA threads are fake. I sure hope this is one of them.

1 Like

Its just a staggering level of cruelty for such a simple… what, you can’t even call it a mistake. Its just cruelty for the sake of cruelty towards your own offspring.

Again, I know that people like that exist. Google “To Train Up a Child” if you have never heard of it, but its basically “What is the absolute best way to raise your child if you want them to hate your guts and emancipate the very second they are able to” the book.

Shitty people who hate their children exist, and it makes me sad every time I imagine doing something like this to a kid who didn’t deserve it. If that post is real, that kid has lost all trust and respect in his father/mother and probably every single adult/authority figure for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Fuck, I gave my kid a USB flash drive so he can back up his Terraria worlds. I get on him sometimes for not using it.

WHAT I’M SAYING IS THAT I’M A GREAT DAD

5 Likes