Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

I’m going to call them noddles for the rest of my life and you can’t stop me. Chicken noddle soup. Dan dan noddles. This is fun.

You could buy some powdered water, but I wouldn’t know what to mix it with.

1 Like

Enchiladas in the works. Final result coming soon.

5 Likes

Time consuming but awesome.

6 Likes

Seconding your thoughts. Pretty blown away at how good that ramen broth is…

… Unfortunately I forgot to make the damn jammy eggs, which are my favorite part of ramen.

5 Likes

BTW I’ve met this guy and he’s neither fat nor a literal boy, so I think he needs to identify as a parody account based on the current rules of twitter.

Also I ordered this broth base.

3 Likes

Made this Lao chicken noodle soup

Didn’t get a great pic because I dug in too quickly, but it’s insanely good.

I fried some Brussels sprouts in lieu of the water spinach so that it had some nontrivial vegetable content, and that worked great.

4 Likes

What variety of broth? Tonkotsu?

Yeah

Just in case you missed the link

Japanese Noodles Tonkotsu Ramen… Amazon.com

1 Like

Doing a Friendsgiving this weekend for 10 of us. I’m in charge of the main. Any suggestions other than Turkey or Prime Rib? Doesn’t even have to be in the realm of traditional American thanksgiving.

Dear god we need to get rid of this word ASAP.

You guys need to coordinate first of all. Some people need to make sides, someone’s got to make dessert, etc. Can’t have everyone bringing a main dish.

I will. I’m picking the main first then building around it.

This seems like a contender if I can find the whole belly.

I haven’t tried the linked ramen broth, but I recommend this one for those who like shoyu ramen: https://a.co/d/8QuyBsU

1 Like

I did the sous vide version of this last Christmas. It was super delicious, but maybe a bit too fragile from the long time in the bath. This roast version might be better.

1 Like

FWIW, I’m making Thanksgiving for my daughters and one of their partners, and my younger daughter requested that I make a ham.

Or you could always make a Shepherd’s Trifle.

If you don’t want to make a ham, I can highly recommend New Braunfels Smokehouse to order one.

I’ve been ordering their hams for like the last decade. They’re truly amazing:

1 Like

Just ordered 12 pounds. I’ll probably end up freezing half. Belly only. My wife despises fennel so I’m going to sub that out of the recipe. Coriander seem like a decent substitute?

I’m assuming I would be buying a precooked ham, regardless of where I get it from.

1 Like

Yeah, coriander sounds good. Maybe take it a little easy in case a 1:1 substitution is too much.

I’d keep the fennel and sub out the wife.

3 Likes