Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: It's not a Loomah!

I don’t understand this post. Why would someone post a picture of the judges when it comes to an appeal?

2 Likes

Bolton on CNN this morning: “I won’t be voting for Biden either.”

This whole argument can be summarized as “one Democrat in entire nation willing to play the game they are actually playing”.

https://x.com/NewYorker/status/1796303996510200144

14 Likes

GO4cSZKWQAAYCsT

23 Likes

That tweet (or whatever the Blue Sky equivalent is) is great, but OMG at the “Air Budd Dwyer” username an profile pic.

2 Likes

It blows my mind how bad the media and general public are at predicting highly probable outcomes. The WSJ headline today is “conviction rocks presidential race” or something similar. Something like half of americans still dont belive its going to be Trump v. Biden. The country is just laughably uninformed about this shit and elites are no better. I heard the CEO of a large public company say the Dems are going to replace Biden like 2 weeks ago. Bill Ackman seems to earnestly believe this too. People are fucking idiots.

4 Likes

Replacing a candidate at this stage in the game would be suicidal. Has that ever even happened in the modern era? Barring health issues, it’s 100% going to be Biden v Trump. If Biden has a stroke, it’s going to be Kamala. If Trump has a stroke, things get very silly.

Hey, speaking of morons,

https://x.com/NateSilver538/status/1478138124425482240

2 Likes

2 Likes

lol Adams. I saw a story the other day about how Cuomo was looking at a mayoral campaign.

I don’t think Eric Adams would make my top 100 for next Democratic presidential nominee.

Maybe he would at the end, but only because I ran out of plausible names.

2 Likes

Skeet.

2 Likes

Trump got 15% of the vote in Manhattan in 2020 and 0% in 2024. Makes you think

4 Likes

This was the team’s favorite. Thanks.

6 Likes

I get why they’re saying all of this, but it misses the most crucial detail.

Over the last 40 years, Any Republican Judge or Prosecutor would have been anointed to Reagan-level Sainthood in the GOP if they managed to put Bill or Hillary or Obama or Biden or even Anthony fucking Weiner behind bars. But somehow they just decided to pass on this golden opportunity when it should have been so easy.

I mean, it’s all so predictable. The “don’t punish obvious law breakers because they might retaliate by punishing innocent opponents” ignores the inevitability of the latter regardless of whether the former occurs.

At 5:10 PM yesterday I received my first ever moving violation - for running a red light in Manhattan. On a bike! I was so gobsmacked I didn’t know what to think at first. While I was riding home right afterwards it occurred to me that perhaps there was a Trump verdict and I actually stopped riding to check my phone. Fucking cops.

2 Likes

Honestly, if they want to try this, go for it. I’d be much happier, and I think we would all be better off, if elected officials operated under greater fear of criminal prosecution for their actions.

7 Likes