Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: It's not a Loomah!

Isn’t his guy DeJoy still running it?

bottom scroll on football saying shots fired near him on his golf course?

CBS had it. Did not make it clear Trump was never in danger.

CNN says Trump was the target.

Donald Trump is safe after a shooting at his Florida golf course Sunday, and officials believe an armed person was trying to target the former president, according to sources briefed on the matter.

Secret Service agents fired at the suspect, multiple sources said. A local sheriff’s office says it has taken a person into custody after the gunfire at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach.

The next 50 days are going to be wild.

3 Likes

This sounds like a long distance. Maybe the golfers can explain.

Former President Donald Trump was moving between holes five and six at his South Florida golf course when the security incident happened, a source briefed on the matter tells CNN.

The suspect, who the Secret Service engaged with, was a number of holes ahead of the former president, according to two law enforcement sources.

The Secret Service fired at the suspect as a protective measure, that source said.

Depends on the course. Sometimes the way the course is laid out, the holes could be right beside each other but sequentially have several holes between them.

For instance on my home course, hole 1 is right beside 4 and 18. 18 is right beside 10. 10 is right beside 7. 11 is right beside 15. 12 is right beside 14.

1 Like

How does someone manage to get a gun on the same course as a former president?

Feels like my expectations for secret service competency is higher than reality.

I’m reminded of the tale of Snot Boogy from the opening scene of The Wire.

5 Likes

we got some of the worst shooters in this country, i swear. we won zero shooting medals in the olympics, we lost the last 2 wars we fought. why do they even let us have guns?

7 Likes

Taylor Swift fans are generally not known for their marksmanship.

8 Likes

From AP, the person was not actually on the course. Left an “AK style” weapon behind before leaving in an SUV.

The golf course was partially shut down for Trump as he played, and agents were a few holes ahead of him when they noticed the person with the firearm, the officials said.

The person appeared to push the muzzle of the rifle through the fence line and that’s when agents fired, the officials said.

Martin County Sheriff William D. Snyder told WPTV that the suspect was taken into custody without a firearm. He said the suspect had a calm, flat demeanor and showed little emotion. He did not question why he was being stopped.

1 Like

CNN

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said that a Secret Service agent was able to spot a rifle barrel with a scope sticking out of a fence at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach and “engaged” with the suspect.

The shooter was 300 to 500 yards away from former President Donald Trump, an official said.

But apparently not in a position to have view of Trump when the agent saw him.

Can we get one competent assassin please!

1 Like

https://x.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1835432270821245010?t=jyb0iQ11S03P1lJZfiabcQ&s=19

awesome

Just remember, I didn’t say it!

5 Likes

The time travelers are not sending their best.

10 Likes

https://x.com/b1ackschefter/status/1835422492111806844?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

8 Likes