Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

Yeah, pretty much this.

https://x.com/curiouswavefn/status/1820484440306720869?t=VYbbkQ0ptGPOwYrQW4trCA&s=19

1 Like

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Substitute “a very wonderful thing” for “very bad luck”, and I would agree with your post 100%.

Yet somehow the market going gangbusters for the last 2 years didn’t matter at all because BIDEN OLD and THE STOCK MARKET ONLY BENEFITS THE RICH, PEOPLE ARE HURTING TO BUY GROCERIES.

Really frustrating how only the bad news drives the narrative.

1 Like

Mediots

Shortly after Operation Desert Storm in 1991, President Bush had an approval rating around 80%.

A recession started after that and probably cost him the election.

Newt Gingrich had a lot more to do with that.

Also the American people (and voters in general all over the world where there are fair elections) tend to not like one party to stay in office too long. Bush barely getting in over Gore was the last of Reagan’s momentum.

Sorry, I don’t understand how Newt Gingrich affected the 1992 election against Clinton and Perot. Pat Buchanan challenged Bush for the GOP nomination. Is that who you meant?

Oh yeah I forgot you were raised by wolves. Never mind.

1 Like

Of course it won’t be Biden or Kamala’s fault if the economy falls apart here. Honestly it will be the Federal Reserve’s fault if anyones.

But that won’t matter at all and a recession now will likely result in Trump winning. Let’s just hope this is a correction and not a plunge into the abyss by November.

1 Like

No problema. This is the sort of response I fully expect in a low-brow forum such as UP.

Have a nice day!

Gingrich fragged Bush in Congress in 1990—basically torpedoing his presidency and kicking off the scorched-earth nihilistic Republican politics that we enjoy to this very day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-his-debut-in-washingtons-power-struggles-gingrich-threw-a-bomb/2011/12/22/gIQA6GKCGP_story.html

Glad I could help. Have a blessed day!

1 Like

He’s posting on a forum he claims to find pathetic, so what do you think?

Thanks for the serious response this time. I’m not trolling.

I was agreeing with a previous poster that a recession significantly affects the probability of an incumbant winning re-election even if the President isn’t the principle cause of the recession. Recessions come and go regardless of which party is in power.

I think this is a fine forum to the extent that folks like Microbet and a few others have something of value to say imo.

I wouldn’t be here if I thought the forum was “pathetic.”

Kathryn Hahn Reveals Who the Real Villain of 'WandaVision' Is

1 Like

You’re a liar. I never, ever claimed that I found the forum to be “pathetic.”

On the other hand, liars like yourself I do find pathetic.

Yeah but there’s also a time factor. A stock market downturn doesn’t lead to immediate recession and layoffs, and it takes time to bombard people’s brains with how terrible everything is until they just internalize it (like they have with grocery and gas prices).

Well said.

I appreciate you taking the time to make a thoughtful response.

Just to clarify: I enjoy UP very much. That’s why I post here. Some of my posts are also at least slightly “low-brow.”

1 Like