Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

After seeing how bad Desantis campaign failed it’s pretty clear we are never going back to those times. Politics is basically WWE now, Elon, Joe Rogan, Tucker Carlson are way more likely to be the next GOP nom than whatever senator/governor is sitting on the GOP bench

1 Like

I do. They were supposed to fall into the lock box.

This mayo peter fellow talks real nice.

Maybe it’s like baseball, where teams vacillate between a “player’s manager” and then need to hire a disciplinarian type when things get too loosey goosey.

Perhaps dems need to pivot from incoherent to…coherent.

4 Likes

No current Dem politician is better at stuff like this than Pete,. He can completely demolish Republican stupidity in terms that actually reach regular non-hyper political people. Notice he doesn’t immediately go to “he’s racist, misogynist, homophobic” labels. Just tears them apart in clear language. That’s why he should be the Dem nom.

14 Likes

Except being gay loses a lot of votes, especially amongst minorities.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t vote for a gay man. We’re too dramatic to be near the button

6 Likes

A+

3 Likes

https://x.com/Brendan_Duke/status/1814140258407133264

What evidence is there of this? I just don’t believe it is that significant. I think most people who aren’t comfortable with gay people or are just socially conservative don’t really care if if someone’s not super flamboyant or whatever.

I’m not saying 20%, but it could lose 3-5% and that’s significant.

1 Like

Obama was pretty good at making bigots overlook the fact that he was black. The way he talked put them at ease. I think Pete does the same kind of thing.

3 Likes

Gigantic regressive movements that continue today were started because he is Black

4 Likes

15 Likes

Inb4 jack black is on Rogan’s show talking about cancel cancel.

1 Like

That’s a good point, but I don’t think our lesson or response should be to effectively give in to the bigots by never running a black man or gay man for fear they will keep it up.

3 Likes

Inbound Hot Take: Seek Immediate Shelter:

A ticket of Kamala & Pete (VP) is unstoppable. Like I’d be legit excited for the first time in a long time. Perfect? Of course not, but I’d push hard for that ticket.

7 Likes

If they do this, I want them to move in together and sleep in beds with their initials, like Fred and Carrie in Portlandia

13 Likes

Obviously. But that’s moving the goalpost. I was responding to your assertion that bigots would vote for Pete and voted for Obama.

Kamala/Pete is who i picked in skydiver’s poll a while back and I agree it would be a good ticket to point out the bullshit of the GOP and Trump. Pete is very very articulate. I do think he is clearly a bit of a sellout himself and very lustful for power at all costs so that criticism of Vance rings a little hollow BUT the Dem bench is super thin. There are basically no leftists in position to be on the ticket so we are stuck with picking from the shitlib types and Pete is one of the best. I also don’t think you burn a Newsom or Whitmer or Mark Kelly for the VP spot here because they have some chance to get elected on their own merits in 2028. Pete doesn’t but he has proven he is a bulldog for the Dems.

The fact Kamala can speak complete sentences and Pete is super good at speaking to normies is going to be a powerful combo and a breath of fresh air. Even though I didn’t like Pete and Kamala in 2020 I would be fully behind that ticket and it makes the most sense to me.

15 Likes

If Kamala/??? win, then the earliest anyone else would have a real shot is 2032. If Pete is the best VP option, that’s fine, but I don’t think we should be saving people in the chamber for later years.

I don’t want Newsom at all and taking away a swing state senator two years into a six-year term is absolutely foolish.

If it has to be Kamala at the top, I’d have Whitmer or Beshear above Pete for VP, but will happily support pretty much any ticket that isn’t stupid (and the stupidest by far imo is keeping Biden as a part of it).

2 Likes