Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

ho boy we got him now, if there’s anything the GOP hates, it’s hypocrisy

6 Likes

Right?

In all seriousness I’m kind of worried that attack ads continuing to highlight his quotes will just enamor folks all the more to Trump for making yet another enemy bend the knee.

Even low info Democrats will say it just proves you can’t take any politician at their word, it’s all games they play for power.

(not Dylan)

1 Like

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/elon-musk-has-said-he-is-committing-around-45-million-a-month-to-a-new-pro-trump-super-pac-dda53823?mod=breakingnews

The rise of social media and parallel decline of mainstream journalism have enabled us to create what researcher Renee DiResta calls “bespoke realities”: custom versions of the truth that reflect what we already want to believe. As David French wrote last year in the New York Times: “We’re misinformed not because the government is systematically lying or suppressing the truth. We’re misinformed because we like the misinformation we receive and are eager for more.”

Platforms shouldn’t take a totally hands off approach, of course. In the event that the shooting had been falsely attributed to some minority group, for example, and a platform’s users were attempting to foment violence against that group, platforms should intervene. But in this case, however wrong users may have been in their conspiracy theorizing, ultimately nothing promoted on X’s trending page was any crazier than the ideas that are promoted on Fox News every day.

2 Likes

Yeah. Attack Vance for believing no abortions ever for anyone etc, not this.

2 Likes

Jfc

Good thing Elon is a lying liar because $45M per month is just so mind bottlingly insane to me

https://x.com/123skely/status/1812973449914315233

17 Likes

It’s 0.1% of what he blew buying twitter

2 Likes

Yeah, Hanlon’s razor.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1813032788456841338

he got an ear patch ahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Next debate does Biden (or Harris) take the right side of the stage again?

1 Like

On Friday, he went to a shooting range where he was a member, and practiced firing, a law enforcement official told CNN. The next morning, Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said.

Then, Crooks drove his Hyundai Sonata about an hour north, joining thousands of people from around the region who flocked to Trump’s rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. He parked the car outside the rally, with an improvised explosive device hidden in the trunk that was wired to a transmitter he carried, the official said. Then, investigators believe, he used his newly-bought ladder to scale a nearby building, and opened fire on the former president.

Lol, so it was probably his ladder. The guy walked around with an AR-15 and a fucking ladder. Lots of people spotted him, including law enforcement. And he just went on his merry way and shot Trump in the ear.

12 Likes

Jesus Christ they have Curt Schilling on their team and that patch was the best they could do?

1 Like

Seems pretty mellow

Eh, I mean I’m not a ballistics or photography expert either but it seems overwhelmingly likely that it was the bullet that hit Trump’s ear. It looks like a bullet. It’s the simplest explanation. And the only thing that might otherwise make sense (glass from the teleprompter) wasn’t broken.

Any of those numbers could be wrong, the angle could be playing tricks, etc.

1 Like

My guess at motive was that he is your typical (sigh) white school shooter type that was an outcast and had a miserable childhood and had/developed significant mental illness. Decided that he’d go out in a “blaze of glory” and that Trump rally was the biggest event that’s ever happened to his podunk town so by god he was going to go make them finally remember his name.

3 Likes

https://x.com/TimRyan/status/1551671344802238469

It’s from 2022 but includes his worst quotes about domestic violence. Trump is a violent rapist, so it’s now becoming clear why he likes Vance.

2 Likes

This season of America really has some weak writing. I would like to see a pitch meetings video about it.

TV Exec: Won’t it be hard to get a shot at a former president with all the secret service and law enforcement there?

Screen writer: Actually it’s going to be super easy, barely an inconvenience.

oh really.

Yes see the kid takes his ladder and gun to the rally.

How does he sneak the ladder in?

Oh, he just carries it in.

He carries it in and nobody sees him???

Oh no. Everybody sees him.

And they try to stop him?

No.

Why not?

I don’t know…

I guess that makes sense. So what happens next?

So the kid uses his ladder to climb onto a nearby building to get a clear shot at the former president and takes the shot.

Oh my god! So the former president is dead??

Oh no, he turns his head at the last second and the bullet grazes his ear.

wow wow wow wow

18 Likes