Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

In many ways, homophobia and misogyny are inexorably entangled. Slurs like “fairy” and “sissy,” e.g. operate on the level that both women and gay men are lesser. Cocksucker is in that neighborhood, I guess, but I don’t see it quite the same way. It’s not a term that really conjures to mind patriarchal feminine ideals.

2 Likes

Of course you’re not upset. You’re not the subject of the slur. As someone at the top, you should aim to be more inclusive of the marginalized, not more forgiving of the comfortable.

And if you look at what’s being proposed for bedrooms, it’s not an inquisition for those who dare use a common but antiquated and hurtful term. It’s to just start using a new term like it’s the most natural term in the world so that it takes off due to repetition. There is no cost to the speaker to just use a better term.

1 Like

I have basically replaced all insults in my vocabulary with “dipshit” or “shithead” or “shitbag” etc.

2 Likes

Your post is super gay.

This post is even more gay!

[quote=“AngryQueer, post:221, topic:10932, full:true”]
What about megapedo, would you freak out if called that
[/quote

Onion.

1 Like

Sorry

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/98620d56-ddbf-4194-85f0-b627e5f71bdd

I assume this joke but it’s a really really bad one that is filled with anti-sex regressive and very right wing ideas.

oh good 58 replies since i last looked. Sigh, just a bunch of should prostitutes be in master bedrooms sucking cocks and only 1 Hannibal Lecter reference.

7 Likes

Ya it’s just the worst when a bunch of progressives discuss the emerging edges of progressivism on this forum.

1 stud
2 stud
3 stud

Amirite?

When I lived outside Chicago, our subdivision included the dividing line between school districts. The street structure was very curvy so the dividing line went through several houses.

Which school was determined by where the “master” bedroom was.

My question is- what if the kid was conceived in the kitchen?

FWIW, regardless of etiology, the word master was a lot of history and I can see the need for change. Noticed it on home improvement shows in the last 3-4 years.

Now about master/slave computer drives and similar. Any change in terminology there?

This might be the weirdest municipal policy I have ever heard of!

Some progressives.

• well, things keep moving so I should be constantly updating my beliefs and questioning myself

Other progressives.

• I have currently discovered EXACTLY the right amount of progression. Anything further than me is humourless irrational hysteria.
4 Likes

I agree, I was mostly saying that when most people use it I don’t think it has anything to do with homophobia or misogyny. Like when somebody cuts me off I’m not inspired to question their manhood, I’m just pissed. Another good example would be “bastard”, but now that I think about it doesn’t that have some misogyny? Like, you suck because your mother is bad because she didn’t follow the rules and only have sex in marriage?

My general driving replacement is “jackass”, which I guess makes me a speciesist but that’s a cross I’ll have to bear, I’ve gotta call these people something.

1 Like

it just depends i guess. i sometimes try to correct people using “gypped” because in essence like the “welshed” you’re calling a whole group thieves. but that is somehow less known as derogatory than saying you got “jewed” which i definitely have heard people in real life saying. and that just hits way more viscerally and you know it’s derogatory even though it’s pretty much the exact same slur.

i always tell some of my right leaning acquaintances “it only takes 5 seconds not to be an asshole” when something like this comes up. whether it’s someone’s pronouns, preferred name, or just stuff like this. the cost is literally 5 seconds of thought.

1 Like