Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

I actually didn’t start thinking about what it means until like 5 min ago, but I probably would have guessed that misogyny was the bigger problem with it (vs homophobia which also makes sense). It would have been a close call. Not sure which I’d have picked on a multiple choice test.

I haven’t. I doubt there are many people offended by it tbh. But it’s also just one of those words that we might as well cut out of usage. It’ll slowly fade out over time and we’ll forget all about it

8 Likes
3 Likes

What about people within the BDSM lifestyle?

They are 0 for 3 on what those words mean.

2 Likes

I am bi and catch myself using that term occasionally without realizing what I am saying. It is in my general swear vocabulary that I utter when driving. I sure feel dumb whenever it slips out. I strive to be better but am not perfect.

4 Likes

Rotfl. Just stop. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You are not defending the the use of the term whore the same day as you blunder into some ill-informed attempt at defending bdsm practitioners. .

I’m a general contractor. Primary bedroom started showing up on house plans some years back on higher end homes. At least in the portland Oregon area. I just assumed it was something builders and architects were doing to sound more modern or different. I never in my 20+ years heard a racist joke or even thought of master bedroom in anyway other than main bedroom attached to a bathroom. Since primary is on decent amount of plans now there are many jokes and “woke bullshit” remarks.

I know where you are coming from, but at a basic level, the only reason for “cocksucker” to be an insult to anyone is homophobia. Why would something straight dudes want enthusiastically be an insult except in the gay case?

Is misogyny not even in the conversation?

1 Like

I could maybe see it as mysogynistic if polyamory were much more common (say, higher status women are for vaginal intercourse but lower status women for oral), but in a society with monogamy as the expectation, giving oral sex is a strictly desirable trait in a female partner.

Yeah, and if you call another dude a cocksucker it’s like calling them a woman, which is mainly used as an insult because of misogyny.

I’ve spent way too much time today pondering this.

Oh, I’m making a joke, not trying to defend BDSM.

Just call a dude a toothy cocksucker, so you’re saying it’s okay to suck cock, but he’s bad at it.

German guy confused by the English insult “suck my dick”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/VABVOX/status/1789442824993144834?t=c9FO4Q-dObEctWfLkOc07w&s=19

4 Likes

I think most words get divorced from any historical context pretty quickly. I’m not freaking out if someone says someone welshed on a bet or they got their Irish up. To pearl clutch (insulting to upper-class women?) about something like “master bedroom” will strike a lot of normies as woke BS. Still, it’s a spectrum–one doesn’t want to be dropping, or on the receiving end of, “porch money” in conversation.

What about megapedo, would you freak out if called that

I’d appreciate the neologism, but it’s not derived from an analogy based on some stereotype.

edit: Well, I’d guess it’s anti-pedo if not intended literally. I’m ok with that.