Congressional Thread. Where We Hold Our Overlords Accountable

It there’s not one already, I thought it might be a good idea to have a catchall thread where we closely monitor both chambers. It seems some here (Riverman?) keep up on politics for a living, always making informative posts or never missing an important story. Unfortunately, some of us don’t have the time or wherewithal to keep that apprised on our what our lawmakers are up to. There’s a lot of heavy lifting to do in the near future and I’d like a place where I can keep up on the day to day activities of what our lawmakers are doing. Here’s what’s important to me right now:

Of course, all the obvious things like getting the pandemic under control, a well coordinated vaccine rollout that leaves no one behind, providing financial stimulus to people and getting them back to work and restoring the economy. But I also want to keep an eye on the longer term agenda

Accountability

• For me, there can be no unity without accountability. ALL Republican congress people need go on record as being on the same side of empirical truth. Biden won the election. Any Congressional member who objected to certify votes of a free and fair election (ESPECIALLY after the riot) needs to pay a substantial political and criminal price

• The previous president needs to be convicted at the impeachment trial and barring that, indicted and prosecuted for a). Trying to strongarm officials into cheating to overturn the election, and b). Inciting a deadly riot and failed insurrection attempt

I see no path to unity until these things come to pass. If let go, it is essentially saying there is nothing a president can do that is illegal and will be held accountable for ever again. The next person who attempts such an act will likely succeed

I also want to keep track of how congress votes. The filibuster is antiquated, racist, and needs to be eliminated. It would be nice if the electoral college was abolished too and all the gerrymandering that favors Republicans (I recently learned that 41 million MORE people voted for a Democrat senator, so how is it a 50/50 split?!)

Anyway, maybe I’m being lazy by not keeping track of everything congress does myself. I want to know when a vote occurs and how each member voted. Who is REALLY for this or against that? If someone can point me to another one stop resource, I’ll definitely look into that. But I thought it might be nice to have a single thread to check in on and make sure we hold them accountable for 2022 and beyond.

Oh, and I’d like to know who’s getting campaign donations from who