Community rule vote: Moderators and moderation logs

I know we are all nowhere near as clever and funny as we think we are, so 14 hours or lurking probably feels like an eternity, but it’s really not that long in the big picture.

Literally took 15 seconds.

Yeah because people always legit lurk long term without even opening an account to keep track of where they are with their reading.

@spidercrab @goreo - I would like to ask that this vote be removed from the official tally for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

So you couldn’t make a single response without stirring more shit after complaining (supposedly in good faith) about how it’s killing the forum.

BTW - Do you guys have a playbook you consult? You sound just like Goofy. AMIRIGHT?

@Rugby, btw, this quote below is why, if you want the shitposting to stop, you ask or tell the, you know, actual shitposters to stop.

Man you are wild. Remember this, barely a day ago:

You’re at like, what, octupling down on the bad-faith here? You’ve had every opportunity to talk about this like an adult and not shitpost over and over.

6 Likes

Not far fetched that he lurked without registering and registered so he could vote.

1 Like

Your only weakpoint is hungry and thirsty.

3 Likes

Sorry but people lurking without registering shouldn’t expect to have voting rights. It’s nonsense and it’s obvious, because otherwise any vote becomes a contest between who is able, shameless, and willing enough to bother creating a bunch of dummy accounts.

2 Likes

Just eat sleep, tooth clean and then LURK LURK LURK!

1 Like

Longtime lurker, first time voter. Dittos!

2 Likes

It looks unlikely that he will be the deciding vote but if he is, I know for a fact that he is legitimate and will provide that information to an admin, provided they agree not to then pull a pocketchads and divulge it in a private pm to mock him.

1 Like

Not everyone in every group thinks exactly the same. Jalfrezi is not anti-“be kind”, and he bought into it and was willing to be supportive, but he wasn’t like the leader of the “be kind” movement. Cassette was big on that and he’s just a super nice guy pretty much all the time and was treated like shit for suggesting that people could be kind. Jal’s main thing, sorry if I’m getting this wrong, has been about fairness and he has been treated, by moderators, unfairly. And he’s been under dog piles and hounded. It’s not reasonable to expect him, Victor, 6ix, Sabo, Keeed, marty to always be kind (though Keeed is very rarely abusive (eta: Keeed does have subtle ways of being mean)) in the current climate. I know they can get along with people even when they disagree because I’ve been in about 10000 posts of PMs with them all. And we even discussed the Goebs thing with 6ix (among other contentious things) and didn’t all exactly agree on it, but we worked on understanding each other by doing things like reading carefully and not telling people they are spewing jibberish and not telling people to shut up.

13 Likes

Legitimate in that he is a person? Or can you somehow prove some tie to the community and that he has in fact been lurking for longer than 14 hours? Because like, we could all enlist a bunch of friends to register and lie about how they are long term committed users who never bothered registering.

It’s absurd to think a lurker who never bother registering has voting rights.

2 Likes

Legitimate in that he has ties to this community, and 2+2, but I’m not saying more if it doesn’t matter anyway, and it looks like it doesn’t matter because this thing is passing regardless of his vote.

Edit: Apparently he’s going to reveal who he is anyway.

Fair enough.

Damn sorry that happened to you. Seems like that would get annoying.

13 Likes

This all could have been quickly hashed out awhile ago if you said what you did think. You’re still not doing it. And you still can, right now. But you won’t and it’s readily apparent why.

Well it kinda depends right?!?

But, no, it wasn’t. It obviously wasn’t and I explained why. You can either call me a liar or say that explanation is not compelling, but for some weird reason you’ve done neither.

That analogy is terrible. That’s not how words work.

2 Likes

A classic from page 3.

3 Likes

That reads like an admission. Do you understand that?

3 Likes

@MrWookie, the irony here is that I’m not complaining about any of this, rather, I’m giving you multiple chances to not look ridiculous.

Which, is distracting me from reading the thread, so.

1 Like